Food, Recipes, etc.

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Food, Recipes, etc.

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 28 Jul 2008 20:50

I'm sending out a signal to the possibility of you...
'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

Kara
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kara » 28 Jul 2008 21:43

woah.. that sounds delicious.

"Angels lift me, Are you with me?"

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 20 Aug 2008 18:57

That would be so awesome! I wish I started enjoying cooking sooner...

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 21 Aug 2008 22:30

I don't really have recipes, that are my own, I want to like make something extremely epic that everyone shall like but to which I hold the secret ingredient. like Coca-Cola...only better and solid :tongue:

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 26 Aug 2008 21:31

Well I have to post this family desert recipe because its truly Yumm-O as Rachael Ray always says. :laugh: :biggrin: :laugh:

Georgie Porgie Pudding Pie

1 C. flour
1 stick butter
1 C. chopped pecans
1 C. confectioners' sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1 (9 oz.) container Cool Whip
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
3 C. milk

First layer: Mix together flour, butter and pecans as you would pie dough. Press into bottom of 9 x 13-inch pan and bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes; cool.

Second layer: With mixer, mix confectioners' sugar, sugar and cream cheese. Fold in 3/4 of Cool Whip. Reserve 1/4 of the Cool Whip for top. Spread over top of cooled first layer.

Third layer: Mix chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding with 3 cups milk. When set, spoon over second layer. Spread reserved Cool Whip over the top.

My personal twist on my family's recipe is to keep the chocolate and vanilla pudding separtate and make them each as their own layer, just use 2 boxes each flavor.... I have also used a container of cool whip in those two layers mixed with the chocolate in one and vanilla in the other.... just reduce the milk by 1/2 in each and it makes it more of a mousse consistency....mmmmmmm. :crazy:

I would add a few chocolate sprinkles over the Cool Whip as a final decoration.

'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 26 Aug 2008 21:35

chikguitaristnan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chikguitaristnan » 28 Aug 2008 11:51

alright guys... so here is an appitizer recipe that is really simple and very tasty. if you like seafood or even just shrimp this is fantastic...

what you need to start is.. some shrimp.. to minimize work time.. get shrimp that is peeled, cleaned, and deveined. some pineapple chunks and some bacon. if you get a brown sugar or honey bacon tha works really well with the flavor. oh yeah you'll need some toothpick and some kind of red wine. i use merlot cause its not to dry.

ok sooo.. once you have these things rinse out the shrimp well and slice the bacon in half. take the shrimp and in that lil curve part place a pineapple chunk and wrap it in bacon. once wrapped stick it with a toothpick to hold it all in place. once you have all of the shrimp rolled toss them in a big bowl for season.

seasons in bowl:

1 teaspoon of salt(be sure not to use to much salt cause of the bacon)
1/2 Tsp of garlic powder
1 Tsp of savory.
1 Tsp of olive oil...

toss it around a bit and then put it in the fridge for about 30 mins.. just to let it all soak in.

to cook.. take a sautee pan.. and get it nice and hot...once it reaches a good heat level start tossin in the lil shrimpies and ad some red wine as they cook. they should take about 10 mins to cook once in the pan.

this is tasty and its alot easier then it looks. prep time is the hardest part...

hope you try and like..

one love

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 02 Sep 2008 17:18

Hannah,

This recipe had my mouth watering, or should i just say drooling :drool: as I read over it. I love seafood, and this is now on my shopping list for tomorrow. I actually already have some really good red wine for this in the kitchen, lol. Sounds well tasty. :crazy:

Brian
:hug:
Last edited by dressedupaslife on 03 Sep 2008 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

chikguitaristnan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chikguitaristnan » 03 Sep 2008 05:54

o yes.. it is very tasty. it has been a big hit at every bbq i have had and parties my friends and i have catered

one love

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 03 Sep 2008 07:15

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... no.....wait for it......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....thats better, lol. I now have all the ingredients for the bacon wrapped shrimp..... now I'm just patiently waiting for lunch time haha. I may not be able to wait that long. :laugh:

chikguitaristnan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chikguitaristnan » 03 Sep 2008 07:57

o they are so good..i hope they come out great for ya today...

one love

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 03 Sep 2008 11:33

Hannah,

I friggin' love you !!! Thank You so much for that recipe ahhhhhhhhhhhh, no....wait for it....AHHHHHHHHHHH !!! It is CLASS ! ....Well Tasty, absolutely delicious, I mean the flavor just explodes in your mouth. The way the wine blended with the shrimp and the bacon and then infused with the chunk of pineapple was, as Rachel Ray best says it....YUMM-O. If you're keeping anymore dishes like this secret, pleeeeease share. :crazy:

Brian
xoxo

chikguitaristnan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chikguitaristnan » 03 Sep 2008 11:39

haha..im am sooo glad you liked it. its simple and tasty.

one love

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Mari » 03 Sep 2008 14:16

~Mari~

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 05 Sep 2008 16:15

NORI-MAKI SUSHI

4 tbsp. sushi seasoning

2 nori sheets(dried seaweed/kelp)

2 c. hot cooked rice (short grained)

vegetables such as: carrots, zucchini, green beans, spinach green, red, and yellow peppers, cucumbers. I would parboil the peppers, or carrots if ya choose to use them.

seafood(optional): crab legs, shrimp, smoked salmon, or if you are brave enough to try raw fish, ahi tuna is excellent.

Place rice into a 2 quart mixing bowl. Sprinkle sushi seasoning over rice, then toss the rice thoroughly. If you have a sushi-making bamboo mat, great! If not, don't worry, this will work fine on the counter top without the mat.

Place one nori sheet on the counter in front of you. Place one half of the rice mixture on the nori and spread the rice with your fingertips to three edges of the nori sheet, leaving about the top 2" uncovered. Next, place any vegetables/seafood you wish to use along the bottom edge, just don't over do it.( an overstuffed sushi is harder to roll, lol) try different combos of 3 or 4 items to see what ya like best.

Roll up (jelly roll style), pressing firmly, starting at the bottom. When you reach the top 2" of nori, wet this part with water (just as you would seal an envelope) and continue rolling. Set side and repeat the process for the second roll.

Cut the roll in about 8 parts using a sharp knife. Arrange on a plate. Serve with a small dish of soy sauce and or wasabi for dipping. YUMM-O

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby hshiau » 05 Sep 2008 21:58

Crepes - this recipe should make around a dozen

1 1/4 stick unsalted butter
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose or pastry flour

I use a regular nonstick pan because i can't spend the $60 for a heavy carbon steel pan just for crepes and my kitchen isn't big enough for the variety. I usually leave the batter mixture overnight

Preparing the batter:
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs well
2. Whisk in milk
3. Whisk in flour slowly until lump free
4. Heat 1 stick butter in saucepan until melted and medium brown
5. Add egg mixture at once to saucepan and whisk well (DON'T BURN THE BUTTER!!)
6. After everything is well mixed, strain and refrigerate.

Cooking crepes:
1. Heat pan over medium high heat.
2. When hot, add 1/4 stick butter
3. When butter is hot but not smoking, add batter. For 6-7" pans, use a level 2 oz ladle. Estimate and play with the amounts until you get consistent.
4. When you pour the batter all at once in the middle of the pan, swirl immediately to coat the inside of the pan.
5. Cook until the edge begins to brown
6. Flip and cook until the bottom side shows slight brown spots. The first crepe for every batch is a throwaway...absorbing butter, too much or too little batter, bad flip, etc.
7. Add whatever filler you like, sweet or savory. I like caramelized blueberries or ham and swiss.

The biggest reason I like to make crepes besides eating them is flipping them. Never thought I'd be able to flip them in the pan but it just takes a little practice. Be agressive. If you're tentative, they won't flip right. And if you get a chance to make crepes suzette, lighting the crepes by tilting the pan slighty over the flames is so cool!

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 05 Sep 2008 22:17

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 05 Sep 2008 22:20

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 06 Sep 2008 15:36

Jamie,

Coolbeans sweetheart, I'm glad you're brave enough to try the vegemite. It does seem to be an acquired taste, as I did not like it till Paul gave me several recipes to try using it. I really enjoy it several times a week. i need to order more, as it isn't carried in any local groceries here, lol.

Brian
xoxo

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 06 Sep 2008 19:35

Brian,

Yea it's not carried in any stores here either. So I bought a sample size of it on eBay and I havent tried it yet, but I figured that the chicken sounds mighty tasty so I will try it with that haha.

Jami xoxo :hug:

Return to “Random”