GISHWHES (again)

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

GISHWHES (again)

Unread postby Rose » 26 Jul 2013 08:08

So it's time for gishwhes again and this year I have my own team and I want to do it with enthusiastic people, last year only about half the team participated and that really brought us down.
I know people here get stuff done and are weird enough to enjoy it. What it actually is is a scavenger hunt of strange items, from last year there was a storm trooper cleaning a pool, a jello angel, a tea party under a bridge.
It's ten dollars to join and the money goes to charity, it's one week of fun and madness and I would love to be on a team with some of you guys.
Here the website and if you decide to join search for team ravenclaws and just press join.

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: GISHWHES (again)

Unread postby Rose » 29 Jul 2013 18:20

Obviously I haven't convinced anyone to join so here is an actual email from the guy who started it

Greetings Ne'er-Do-Wells,

I don't want to scare you, but if you want to be a part of www.gishwhes.com, make haste as time's a tickin'. You've only got a few days left to hop on board.

Now, everyone is always asking me: A) "How do you grow such firm fingernails?" and B) "Why be a part of Gishwhes?".

To which I answer: A) I eat of lot of clamshells, and B) If you join Gishwhes you will amaze yourself. You will make incredible art, be placed on a killer team with awesome people, help change the world, and probably have a hand in breaking a Guinness World Record. Also, it's Fun with a capital "F!"

You will also probably develop a new appreciation for kale, find new obsessions and quite possibly wet your pants… Win, win, win!

Oh yeah, this year we're going to partner with Random Acts to radically change one unsuspecting person's life for the better.

Let's do this.

Misha Collins

So yeah, let's do this. :evillaugh:

Portland ME, 8/14/13

ColorfulDetonation
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby ColorfulDetonation » 29 Jul 2013 19:24

Oh my gosh. This looks so fun! xD

~Michaela Lee~

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Jul 2013 14:32

This actually sounds pretty cool!

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 31 Jul 2013 22:28

Really last year it was one of the best weeks of my life.
It's an amazing experience and really restores any doubts you may have had about humanity when you realize how much people are willing to help you with this.
I cannot encourage you enough to sign up.

Portland ME, 8/14/13

Return to “Random”