I Need Help Any Suggestions

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I Need Help Any Suggestions

Unread postby nicolenice » 19 Jul 2008 10:39

OK I am going to go pick out a car to buy this week. I want something half way decently priced, 4 door, and good on gas milege. I am trying to go with a 2004 probably so I can still get a semi decent warrenty still. I know nothing about cars If anyone has any suggestions on what I should look for just shoot but try to say why you would go with that car. Thank You :hug:

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: I Need Help Any Suggestions

Unread postby Crystal » 19 Jul 2008 13:39

Anything but Dodge/Chrysler... Hahaha. I have a Dodge Stratus - in the last year I have had to replace the water pump, tie rods, and head gasket. Next on my list is my window motors, they won't roll down anymore... :angry:

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 19 Jul 2008 15:21

Thanks Crystal. Sorry about your car, and funny thing is when my car was running my driverside window would not roll down either. STUPID CARS :angrytongue:

tara

Unread postby tara » 19 Jul 2008 17:21

i have a sunfire, and it's really good on gas
and it's not an expensive car, and you can dec it out pretty schnazzy if you want.
i have had it for 3 years and have hardly had to do anything to it, just the normal maitinence like replacing brake pads (just did that today), and just minor things like that.
but it all depends how hard you drive it too
but i've been told over and over again that sunfires and cavaliers are one of the cheapest veichles to run, rather it be on gas or the price for parts, cause if you get a foreign car, then you're going to pay more for parts because lots of times they have to be imported.

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Anthony » 19 Jul 2008 19:00

I have a 98 Subaru with 145,000 miles on it and never had a problem with anything. Subaru's are good like that. And they are all 4 door =P. (fits my entire drum set nice too). I'd also suggest reading consumer reports on car buying, they have alot of good info.

I like where I'm at on my back floating down in my own riptide...the water is fine :P

bodie20
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bodie20 » 19 Jul 2008 19:23

I have an "08 Hyundai Accent, and it's great on gas mileage. Roughly aroudn 35 mpg. Mine's 4 dr, and I also have 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. The car has no "balls" like my old car, but hey, it runs lol.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 19 Jul 2008 21:10

Toyotas are my favorite. I have a 2005 Corolla. Before that, I had a 93 Camry. They last forever and get great gas mileage. Not much else to say, Toyotas are the sh*t! :laugh:

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 20 Jul 2008 09:56

Well thanks everyone for the suggestions. I hope I can find a good car that is right for me. :smile:

tara

Unread postby tara » 20 Jul 2008 13:24

i was just saying how good my car was, yesterday i had to put on new break pads, and today i had to put on new break callabers (sp). guess i should've knocked on wood, haha

i'm glad my daddy can fix stuff for me though, so i don't gotta pay $7373474873 to go to a mechanic (yea i may have been exaggerating a little on the price there, haha)

dreamchayser

Unread postby dreamchayser » 20 Jul 2008 15:52

i have a 2002 hyundai elantra and haven't had (knock on wood) any problems with it... I would definitely avoid dodge!!! I had a brand-new dodge neon back in 1998 (bought it with 12 miles on it), and within 8 months, had to replace spark plugs, and a year after that my head gasket went... never again!!!!

If I had to pick another car, I'd pick either a honda or another hyundai. lol.

Good luck with the search, though!!!

Tears can be dried, but the heart... never...

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 20 Jul 2008 18:22

My favorites have always been Honda and Toyota, which have both been mentioned already - proving how reliable they are! Also good on gas. *sigh* I wish I had one... Lol.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 21 Jul 2008 12:28

Well thanks again everyone. Yeah Crystal most people i talk to say honda or toyota too. But thanks

And Tara sorry about your car I hope that this thread is not a jinx and nothing happens to dreamchaysers car.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 24 Jul 2008 20:16

Double Post Sorry but just want to let everyone who gave me suggestion know what I ended up with.

2004 Chevy Malibu it is nice and only has 29,600 miles on it that is good for the years on the car.

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 24 Jul 2008 20:33

Yay! Congratulations on your new baby... *ahem* car, lol.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 24 Jul 2008 20:36

No it is my new baby i was so nervous to drive it off the dealership my hands were literally trembleing.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 24 Jul 2008 20:43

Congratulations! That's awesome.

bodie20
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bodie20 » 25 Jul 2008 19:17

yay! My family is a chevy family.. congrats on the car!

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 25 Jul 2008 19:30

Thanks You guys I had to take a little drive today first real drive in my new car so I had to have SP be my first cd listened to in my car. I blasted it and was going like almost 80 mph but I realized and slowed down.

*doin happy dance*

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 08 Aug 2008 09:35

I got My first car payment in the mail today and I was so nervous but excited to open it. ANd When I opened it my jaw dropped. I am actually going to be paying $4,000 Less than I thought I was going to be. :rock:

dreamchayser

Unread postby dreamchayser » 09 Aug 2008 05:23

Tears can be dried, but the heart... never...

Return to “Random”