My mission to help

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My mission to help

Unread postby aquarius215 » 11 May 2014 04:22

I have had a lot of people, most of them random, who have helped me along the way. For the last 17 years, I have been a single mom and I don't drive (my vision sucks!) There was a woman who once saw me waiting to cach the bus with my son in the cold and she stopped her car and said "Next time it's so cold, take a cab" and pressed money iknto my hand. When she pulled away, I looked and she had given me a $50 bill! I have other sotries like that, but in the interest of space I'll just say that's why I started crocheting and donating toys to children's charities every Christmas since 2010. Every year I make something different and I always name my little "friends". This year I'm making baby puppets. It's so important to remember that there are a lot of people who have it worse than you and do what you can to help.

Jenn

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My mission to help

Unread postby dlcramer » 12 May 2014 19:32

J and I believe in the pay it forward karma and like to do things for people when we can. I think it is awesome that you do that with your crocheting.

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 12 May 2014 21:51

Ooooooh! This gives me a brilliant idea for an excuse to crochet more!!! You. Are. AWESOME!!!

(And an inspiration! - I'll have to keep this in mind - it would be fun AND helpful!!) :D :D

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 13 May 2014 05:25

Paying it forward is such a great message to send to your son! I have the fish and the dogs you made me on display on a shelf. They make me smile every time I look at them! :smile: That is a great way to take something you enjoy doing and passing it on to someone else to make them happy.

crystal08

Unread postby crystal08 » 13 May 2014 06:10

That's great. I love to hear stories of people helping others.

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 24 May 2014 01:07

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 24 May 2014 01:08

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 24 May 2014 10:43

hamjen
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby hamjen » 24 May 2014 18:18

Awesome that you do this! I am also a single mom and know how hard it can be to even find a moment to yourself ! :smile:

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 25 May 2014 07:51

I just wanted to post a picture of what I am making this year.

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 25 May 2014 13:00

sheffie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sheffie » 25 May 2014 15:49

My dad always pays for EMTs, firefighters, police officers, etc whenever he sees them having a meal in a restaurant. Always anonymous. Inspires me to do the same as best I can. Occasionally, I'll just randomly pick out someone or a family and pay for their meal. Always anonymous. The feeling I get is incredible too when you see the look on their faces. Was told once I started off a pay it forward moment that lasted all day by the restaurant owner. Try it! Even the smallest gesture has the potential to change a person's life. :comfort:

. . . just my fuel for my fire.

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 25 May 2014 19:02

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 08 Jun 2014 05:18

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 08 Jun 2014 06:48

Awwww!! Thanks!! :) :) :) I will and then hopefully have time to try it soooometime this summer!!! ;) :rock:
Last edited by Cora on 08 Jun 2014 07:38, edited 1 time in total.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 08 Jun 2014 07:28

I'm a big believer in karma and you are due buckets of the good stuff.

I DO!!!!

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 15 Jun 2014 07:35

Thanks for all your support guys! I can always count on the World Crew to support me & lift me up! You Guys Rock!

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

Return to “Random”