Bookworms Unite!!!

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Bookworms Unite!!!

Unread postby Myst » 28 May 2014 13:44

Meee!! Although I don't get to read nearly as much as I'd like to these days... too busy :(

Favorites:
Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
Rizzoli & Isles series by Tess Gerritsen
Tempe Brennan series by Kathy Reichs

(I'm a murder mystery junkie if that part wasn't obvious, haha)

Currently Reading:
Just finished 'Three Seconds' by Anders Roslund and Börge Hellström. VERY good. It's a Swedish crime thriller that B&N had sent me a bunch of those "Based on what you purchased, you will like this book!" e-mails... I had ignored it because it was expensive, as things needing to be imported and translated are when they're new, hehe. One day saw it on sale for like $7-8 and snagged it. It's very riveting and well-written, so if you like the genre I'd highly recommend it!

I liked that book so much I just bought another novel by the same duo called Box 21, haven't started it yet though.
Also have 'Harvest' by Tess Gerritsen waiting for me. It's not part of the series I mentioned, it's a separate "medical thriller". I figured since I work in the medical field I'd probably like that too, hehe.

Recommendations:
Any of my 'favorite' series' above.
Both the Brennan series and Rizzoli & Isles have been adapted for TV, although the show 'Bones' is -NOTHING- like the books. The books are infinitely better. All they did for that TV show was name the main character Tempe Brennan, and that is where the similarities end, haha. They did a decent job adapting Rizzoli & Isles, but still, the books are better.

Sirenesong
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Sirenesong » 10 Jun 2014 12:34

I REALLY Recommend the "Watersong" series by Amanda Hocking. They are just wonderfully creative. And also "When the third moon comes" :shocked: :laugh:

Be the change you want to see in the world

NinaL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby NinaL » 13 Jun 2014 15:27

This is a place for me! I love reading. :) I'll post my favorites another time.
But some of my favorite authors are Clive Cussler, Dean Koontz and Nora Roberts.

I've read the Game of Thrones series, but I both like the books and don't like them. A little too much fighting and killing for me, and I think they are boring sometimes.

"Cause what`s inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view"

Do you have a Sick Puppies tattoo? Want to be a part of my project?

Return to “Random”