Bookworms Unite!!!

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Cora

Bookworms Unite!!!

Unread postby Cora » 21 May 2014 23:56

So I was just looking around and realized we have a section for our favorite movies and tv shows, but...what about books? :noclue:
My examples!

What are some of your favorites?
Water for Elephants, Winter Garden, Jane Eyre, Perks of Being a Wallflower....and so many others!!!

What are you reading right now?
To End All Wars by Adam Hochschild - technically for my capstone class next semester, but really really good anyway!

Any suggestions?
The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich!!!! LOOOOVE them!!!
Also, I'm a total nerd and would totally suggest the Red Dwarf books by 'Grant Naylor' AKA: Rob Grant and Doug Naylor - SOOOOOOOOOO good!!!! And go WAY deeper into plot lines of the show. See? Nerd! NO SHAME!!!! :cool:

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

ColorfulDetonation
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bookworms Unite!!!

Unread postby ColorfulDetonation » 22 May 2014 05:11

Perks of Being a Wallflower, His Dark Materials Series, A Density of Souls, Scar Tissue, Tommyland, The Heroin Diaries, Morrissey, Looking For Alaska, The Fault In Our Stars, Harry Potter Series, The Great Gatsby
On the Road by Jack Kerouac!
Any suggestions?
Everything stated above! :biggrin:

~Michaela Lee~

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 22 May 2014 13:59

"Life Expectancy" by Dean Koontz. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series. Laurell Hamilton Merry Gentry series

I just finished the Divergent trilogy. I want to start Dean Koontz' Frankenstein books.

Any suggestions?
Definitely "Life Expectancy" and "Tick Tock" by Dean Koontz. And the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy for sure.

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 24 May 2014 14:39

the Anita Blake vampire hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton and her Merry (Meredith Gentry) series as well, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton to name a few.
right now I'm in the middle of a series called "Racing on the Edge" by Shey Stahl and I'm about to start the latest book in that series called "Hot Laps".
Any suggestions?
Guility Pleasures the first book of Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake series, hmm another book I read a while back that I think is good called "Can't go Home" by Angelisa Stone and another book I'd suggest/recommend is the sequel to "can't go home" is "can't live without"

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 24 May 2014 16:48

RukaScarlet
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby RukaScarlet » 25 May 2014 08:18

Oh holy. This would be one of my favourite topics :laugh:
I am from the section of fantasy novel lovers.
Here some of my favourites:
Eragon by Christopher Paolini, Ink Heart series by Cornelia Funke, Reckless ( also by Ms Funke), The mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare, A Song of Ice and Fire (still not read it but I had to buy it after seeing first season of Game of Thrones) nd my most favourites are the Night Angel and Lightbringer trilogy written by Brent Weeks.

Actually I am reading the second book of the Mistborn-series.

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 25 May 2014 19:11

My favorite book is Phantom by Susan Kay. If you are interested in The Phantom of the Opera, I highly recommend it. The author imagines a life for Erik, the Phantom, from birth to death. Each section of his life is narrated by someone else. The first 10 years of his life are told by his mother, he picks up the narration for the next few years, and so on. By the time I got halfway through the book, I felt really sorry for him.

I just got the Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz. I'll let you guys know what I think when I start reading it.

I am also a fan of Debbie Macomber, if you're looking for a quick read.

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 26 May 2014 04:33

I love books, so this topic is perfect for me :smile: I have a degree in Comparative Literature and tends to read loads of old books. I'd love to read some that aren't a least 100 years old, so I'm happy to get suggestions on more modern books :tongue:

Persuasion, Jane Eyre and Mårbacka-sviten (a semi-autobiographic series by Swedish author Selma Lagerlöf)

Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell. Not particularly impressed by it so far, but maybe it'll get better...

Any suggestions?
I love Selma Lagerlöf, but I've no idea if she translates well to other languages. Her stories are centered around the Swedish countryside around the early 1900s, so they might be boring to non-Swedes...

I also love Moonlight and Vines by Charles de Lint. It's collection of mystical stories about people living in a town called Newford. They're very strange, but I like that :smile:

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 26 May 2014 08:28

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 26 May 2014 09:21

Best series I ever read was the Dark Tower books by Stephan King. The first one was kinda slow but after that hold on.

My favorite author is Steve Berry. I love how he takes real history and merges is with a modern dramatic story line.

I DO!!!!

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 26 May 2014 10:29

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 26 May 2014 12:09

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 26 May 2014 18:45

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 26 May 2014 22:44

Salvera
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Salvera » 26 May 2014 23:41

Tales of the Otori - Gillian Rubinstein, Krabat - Otfried Preußler, All Warcraft and World of Warcraft Stories (yeah.... I'm a little nerd... :laugh: ), Dragon Age: The stolen throne - David Gaider

Assassin’s Creed: Renaissance - Oliver Bowden, World Of Warcraft Legends
And a book about photography

Any suggestions?
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, The way of the Shadows - Brent Weeks

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 27 May 2014 02:32

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 27 May 2014 11:59

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 27 May 2014 12:14

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 27 May 2014 13:41

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 27 May 2014 19:51

Favorites:
Harry Potter (duh!), Catcher In The Rye, The Great Gatsby, The Picture of Dorian Grey, The Grimm Fairytales, Interview with a Vampire, any Tamora Pierce book, sooooo many more!!!

Currently Reading:
Sherlock Holmes vol 1 ;)

Suggestions:
1984!!! It's an amazing book! I hated Orwell after reading Animal Farm, but 1984 was amazing. Lol Atonement was sooo much better then the movie lol. The Rory Gilmore Book List, i am about half way through it. And there is soo many good books in it ;) every book they mentioned in Gilmore Girls lol

Return to “Random”