New board

Any breaking news, changes to the rules, sign up information, etc.
Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: New board

Unread postby Zach » 13 Sep 2009 22:36

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 17 Sep 2009 14:27

The "users online within the past 24 hours" modification has been installed and tested for an appropriate period of time. Therefore, I have merged it into the live board. Please let me know if you notice any problems with it functionally or stylistically.

Thanks,
Zach

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 17 Sep 2009 18:30

Looks good, Zach! Glad to see it back :biggrin:

Tim
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Tim » 17 Sep 2009 19:37

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 17 Sep 2009 22:35

Excellent! I'm glad that you like that feature and how it looks. It was a long time in the making because the original modification didn't work at all with this new theme. It had the usernames all over the place.

Just to let you know, the "last posted in thread" modification which changes the main forum page to display which thread was...well...posted in last ;), is currently in the cooker for testing. Once it has been sufficiently tested, I will merge it into the real board.

--Zach

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 18 Sep 2009 11:12

If it had user names everywhere, I think I would have had a kick watching people freak out over it lmao But then again, I'm a bit demented that way :biggrin:

With the feature you're talking about, I truly didn't realize how much I used it til it was gone lol I hope the testing goes well for you Zach

yamoogirl
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby yamoogirl » 21 Sep 2009 11:51

:hug: OMG love loving the new board. AMAZING job!!!

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 22 Sep 2009 21:15

I have finished testing the "last posted-in thread" modification, and moved it from the testing zone onto the main board. Sorry about those few minutes of downtime while I merged the changes, and for the few minutes of ugliness while I sorted out the column layouts. All should be well now, but if you see a problem, please let me know.

--Zach

Mandi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Mandi » 22 Sep 2009 21:28

The "last posted-in thread" mod seems to be working great!!

I'm having issues with the smilies...i can use the ones on the side of the page, but the ones in "View more Smilies" i can click on, but they don't transfer to my posts 90% of the time...i'd wave a white flag, but i can't. :laugh:

Mandi

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 23 Sep 2009 08:22

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 23 Sep 2009 09:18

^^^ Zach, when I'm at work (using IE on XP) the smileys from the "View More Smilies" list do not work. When I click on them, the codes show up on the left hand corner of the page that pops up. (which, for anyone who cannot use them and would like to, can be copy and pasted into their posts)

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 23 Sep 2009 09:26

Sounds like the same problem I have. Oddly enough, if I use it when I very first have the text box open, they work fine... But if I try it now, like here... no dice.

But I do see what you mean about them showing at the top of the box where you can then copy them. That'll work too. :thumbsup:

See, I just did it!

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 23 Sep 2009 12:38

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 23 Sep 2009 14:40

While you're at it, any chance of getting them to work with iPhone Internet? :cool: Pwease?

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 23 Sep 2009 14:57

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 23 Sep 2009 14:59

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 23 Sep 2009 15:16

I can be your guinea pig if necessary :laugh: Just let me know if you need me to test anything out on my phone and I'll let ya know how it goes. If you want, I can even give you my phone number to make things easier for that. Idk... Just a thought since I know a lot of people use their phones a lot to access the net nowadays (myself included... The majority of scanning this site is done on my phone while I'm at work lol)

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 25 Sep 2009 10:07

If you have had problems with the "View more smilies" pop-up (namely those using Internet Explorer and the iPhone), will you please try it now. I have changed some files regarding the smiley insertion, but alas, I do not have access to Internet Explorer or an iPhone to test this possible solution.

Thank you preemptively,
Zach

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 25 Sep 2009 10:18

Zach - trying now... Nope, same thing

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 25 Sep 2009 10:35

Nope, no such luck here either Zach :cry:

Return to “Site Announcements”