NEW CONTEST! - Show us your Odd One

Any breaking news, changes to the rules, sign up information, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Susanna
Founder
Founder

NEW CONTEST! - Show us your Odd One

Unread postby Susanna » 01 Feb 2010 05:23

Show Us Your Odd One - Contest

Contest Starts: February 1
Contest Ends: March 1

Rules/Guidelines

This contest is open to all World Crew members aged 13 and over. If you are not a member, . It's free and easy.

Everyone interprets songs differently and we want YOU to share what you think about when you hear Sick Puppies' most recent single, Odd One.

The premise is simple: interpret Odd One using the art form of your choice. You can use PhotoShop, paint, sculpt, sketch, video, dance, or any other form of interpretation of your choice.

No inappropriate or offensive material allowed.

NO SICK PUPPIES PHOTOS/ALBUM ART is to be used. The point of the contest is to be interpretive.

Method Of Submission

Submit your designs by the contest deadline. Depending on the art form used, you can upload photos to , upload videos to , etc. Just make sure it is easy for us to view and download. Send the URLs to spwc2009@gmail.com along with your username, your real name, mailing address and date of birth.

Everyone who enters will receive 25 points for each submission. You can submit up to 3 designs.

After the contest has ended, all submissions will be displayed on http://www.sickpuppiesworldcrew.net and there will be a round of voting until March 15. Email us by that date at spwc2009@gmail.com to submit your vote. One vote per person. The winner will be announced on/around March 30, 2010.

Prize

The winning prize depends on the type of entry that has been submitted. For example, if you've submitted a video, it will be favored on the official Sick Puppies YouTube page; if it is a drawing or painting, it will be displayed on one of Sick Puppies' official websites.

If you win, Sick Puppies fans AROUND THE WORLD will be able to see YOUR entry because it will be featured on at least one of Sick Puppies' official websites no later than April 15, 2010. Pretty cool :cool:

In addition, the winner will receive an AUTOGRAPHED surprise in the mail.

What are you waiting for? Let's see your Odd One.

Sick Puppies, their management and World Crew have the rights to all photos to use on websites and publications without any further credit or payment promised.

brittany_71
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NEW CONTEST! - Show us your Odd One

Unread postby brittany_71 » 03 Feb 2010 09:09

just posted a bulletin on myspace and a message on facebook!

paulmason
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby paulmason » 03 Feb 2010 13:22

this may seem like a stupid question, but can i just write about what the song means to me and submit it? im not sure if thats an art form or not :biggrin:

im not the master of the universe, i walk the earth the wrong way

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 03 Feb 2010 15:19

Yeah I can write one kick-ass essay, but I'm not too crafty when it comes to pictures and sculptures and stuff.

A narrative or something would be awesome if you would take it.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 03 Feb 2010 17:22

I don't see why writing can't be considered an art form but I think it'd be best to wait for the official word pertaining to this from an Admin. :)

Susanna
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Susanna » 04 Feb 2010 10:31

ABSOLUTELY you can submit a written interpretation. You can do an interpretive dance, write a poem, photos, drawings, a design with silly putty. It's totally open to YOUR creativity!

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 04 Feb 2010 10:55

Well now that you mention Silly Putty, that has me thinking... :laugh:

Any limits on a word or page count? I can write a whole MLA paper on Odd One but something tells me that's a bit much. I guess no more than a page or so? And if we write it in Word 2007, is there any specific file type you want us to save it as?

Return to “Site Announcements”