Alaska 2016 (Anchorage April 7 announced)

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sonikreducer
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alaska 2016 (Anchorage April 7 announced)

Unread postby sonikreducer » 01 Mar 2016 02:19

updated: Anchorage on April 7 has already been announced, I'd guess Fairbanks will be the 8th:

since the board won't let me post in 'concerts'....I have a couple of questions and comments

our local venue, the Blue Loon here in Fairbanks, put in their recent email "Sick Puppies...details coming soon".

since the Loon has hosted the Pupps twice before that I know of (I think it was 3 times), I'd imagine this to be legit information.

question #1: I'm a long time filmer/audio recorder of shows (going back to '92, delved into video in '09), and have amassed quite a collection of cool stuff over the years. I'd have a great rapport with the owner of the Loon, and film about 90% of the 20+ shows I attend out there each year. I'm up to 4 cameras and 4 audio recorders now, and would be happy to provide the band (and you folks) with all I capture. my setup is low-profile in the balcony (I take up about a 2.5 foot wide space, all cameras below head level when seated on a stool), and I've provided a couple of examples below (feel free to subscribe to my channel if you'd like, the band names are code named for low-profile, and my tastes are quite varied)....anyhow, a couple samples of Alice In Chains, Collective Soul and Janes Addiction (I just hit 50 posted, so if you're not into these 3 bands, there's most likely something on the channel you will dig)

the magic question is: does anyone know of any contact names/emails to inquire if they'd be cool with such an arrangement?

question #2: as a 'thank you' for anyone who can help me answer question #1, I'd be happy to post publicly (i.e. here) for all a wetransfer link of the time that I DID tape SP here in Fairbanks...it's audio only, and from 2010, with my 'stealth mode' recording gear (2 jellybean mics on a pair of glasses, I 'become' the mic stand)...it's a simple, untracked (meaning one long file, the songs aren't marked) .wav file, playable on anything (iPods, etc.). and I gotta say it's pretty punchy...like "one of my best workout in the morning" tapes. makes me wanna punch stuff :dorky gay winkie here;

oh yeah:

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/sonik_ ... t=3&page=1

a local DJ in a couple of pix (took them as a favor), don't think I ever went thru and 'deleted all the blurries', but I think there's a few keepers in there...

peace and geese from Alaska!

-Steve (Hagar)

hagaralaska at gmail dot com
Last edited by sonikreducer on 02 Mar 2016 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alaska shows soon in 2016

Unread postby dlcramer » 01 Mar 2016 08:33

To address your original comment, SPWC as a band owned entity does not talk about any tour date info that has not been confirmed by the band itself publicly. This is why we do not allow any member to post in the "Concerts" area.

Your question. Requests of that nature should go thro the agency that the band uses for publicity.

sonikreducer
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Alaska shows soon in 2016

Unread postby sonikreducer » 01 Mar 2016 17:41

all good, thank you kindly.

as promised (again, this recording is FULLY crankable):

Files (685 MB total)
SickPuppies10EQdBOOSTED.wav
Will be deleted on
8 March, 2016
Download link
http://we.tl/pru9cuuWsD

Return to “Sick Puppies”