PLEASE HELP

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phildixieman
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PLEASE HELP

Unread postby Phildixieman » 12 Aug 2013 14:23

I want to but sick puppies album "welcome to the real world"
And I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE. All i can find is individual songs on youtube. What i want is to actually buy the album.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: PLEASE HELP

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 12 Aug 2013 15:51

There were only a limited number of copies of WttRW made, so it's really hard to find. Have you tried ebay?

Hedgehogs for days

Phildixieman
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Phildixieman » 12 Aug 2013 16:41

No i havent tryed that yet. But thats a great idea. I tried just looking at all sorts of music websites and came up empty handed :/ but i'll try ebay and just keep my eyes open for one.

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 12 Aug 2013 17:16

Unfortunately it will probably cost you an arm and a leg on Ebay but it's worth a shot.

Steph

Phildixieman
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Phildixieman » 12 Aug 2013 18:30

GEEEZ! U aint kidding! I just found one on ebay for $69.99. And $10 shipping. And it was for their single "every day" which actually had 3 songs. Every day single version, every day album version, and the song nothing really matters.

WonSickPuppy
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby WonSickPuppy » 13 Aug 2013 19:58

Phildixieman
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Phildixieman » 14 Aug 2013 09:09

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 14 Aug 2013 09:30

I forget where I saw this, but didn't the band say they'd consider re-releasing their old stuff? That the main problem was that the rights were near impossible to buy back?
I'm not entirely sure but I swear I saw this somewhere. I'll skim around and see if I find it...

Hedgehogs for days

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 17 Aug 2013 07:59

The last I heard the label they had closed so there isn't a way to buy the rights from that label.

Steph

Splasher
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Splasher » 18 Aug 2013 04:26

bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bobrien » 18 Aug 2013 06:43

Shim has said they would love to re-release it but they cant b/c they no longer own the rights to any of it outside of Nothing Really Matters. It is a bummer b/c its good stuff.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 18 Aug 2013 17:09

Wait a sec though, if that label closed down, who's to stop them if they re-release or re-record any of it? I mean, if there's nobody to sue them for it... ah legal stuff doesn't make sense sometimes. I thought that if stuff like this happens that the rights are automatically open to buy again. Maybe that's only how it works if someone dies, and not when a company shuts down.
Sorry, the problem-solver in me is grabbing at straws <.<

Hedgehogs for days

bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bobrien » 21 Aug 2013 09:33

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 21 Aug 2013 10:23

Because the record label is now out of business they can't gain rights to it and no longer have the master copy to re-release.

But I've heard that this album grows on trees in Grand Rapids. :laugh:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 21 Aug 2013 14:19

I am guessing it has to do with the copyright laws. Assuming the label owned the copyright on the songs/sounds and now they don't exist anymore they can't sell it back to the band or the current label. The length of the copyright is different in every country and lasts a long time. Again all that is an assumption.

Steph

Return to “Sick Puppies”