What song would you like to see SP cover at their shows?

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What song would you like to see SP cover at their shows?

Unread postby Carrie » 22 Oct 2013 06:27

Here's another one for you guys:

What song would you love to see Sick Puppies cover at one of their shows? I know this is kinda crazy, but I think it would be fun to see them cover a song from the 80's. I have a whole album of punk bands who have covered 80's songs and it rocks. Somehow, I don't think Shim would go for that though. :laugh:

I think Machinehead by Bush would be cool or maybe Bound for the Floor by Local H.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What song would you like to see SP cover at their shows?

Unread postby Dana » 22 Oct 2013 06:40

Wow Local H lol! I used to love them.

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Carrie » 22 Oct 2013 07:52

Me too Dana! I get so excited when Bound for the Floor comes up on shuffle! I would love to see Shim do the part where Scott is yelling near the end.

Keep in mind peeps, even if it's something silly that the band would never dream of doing (like my 80's request) it's what YOU would want to hear them play. :smile:

Ceallach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Ceallach » 22 Oct 2013 08:34

Last Train to Clarksville!!!
The older fans would recognize the song, I'm sure.

Ring of Fire - it'd be a combo country & punk: Johnny Cash & Social Distortion

Or if Shim WOULD agree to do a punk song....I can think of a couple.
> Bow Wow Wow's 'I Want Candy'
(Shim could have people rolling on the floor with that one)
> The Ramones: 'I Wanna Be Sedated'

Ugh - I listen to punk & I can't think of a really GOOD one, right now!! I even used to go to the underground shows (I had guy friends, BIG guy friends).

That's one of the coolest aspects about a Sick Puppies show: the incredible diversity of their fans. At one show, a few of us were talking about it & starting taking a tally. Within a 10-square-foot area (approximately) there were people aging from 16 to their 50s, a small group of bikers, another group that looked totally country, .....and that doesn't even go into the different ethnicities!
Most bands draw a certain type of 'crowd,' but NOT our Pups - they're an all-are-welcome band!

MUSIC SPEAKS WHEN WORDS FAIL

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 22 Oct 2013 09:36

Omg if Shim covered Bow Wow...that would be so weird haha. I miss seeing Say My Name...but it would be fun to se him cover some current pop song...Gaga or Britney or something. I would die.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 22 Oct 2013 12:43

Walk This Way... the RunDMC version ;)
and if we get to be as unreasonable as we want, Mark joins in on the rapping parts
or Never Gonna Give You Up because that would be the best rickroll ever

Hedgehogs for days

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 22 Oct 2013 13:35

Ceallach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Ceallach » 23 Oct 2013 16:00

Violent Femmes' BLISTER IN THE SUN!!!

With Shim's personality - how many people would be laughing so hard that they wouldn't be able to sing along?

And if I didn't get to see that one, I'd cry.

Maybe they'd consider doing it on a webcast, just for us? :smile:

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 23 Oct 2013 16:32

Hedgehogs for days

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 24 Oct 2013 04:51

Violent Femmes! That would be amazing!

Too bad I couldn't get them to do Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond at the show in Massachusetts tomorrow night to celebrate the Red Sox. The crowd would go nuts over that one! :biggrin:

Ceallach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Ceallach » 24 Oct 2013 11:23

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 24 Oct 2013 12:00

There's probably a lot more planning that goes into playing a cover song than we think. I just thought we could have a little fun getting our "wish list" out there. I have 3 shows coming up but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to actually talk to the band. If time/opportunity presents itself, I can always ask them how they go about choosing the cover songs they do play and what they have to do to get permission to play it. Then maybe I can tell them we have a few suggestions if and when they are ready. ;-)

I do think they could have a lot of fun with that song and whenever I see a band play it live the crowd always gets involved so Shim would love that. :smile: We'll see...I may chicken out before I get a chance to ask. Haha!

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 24 Oct 2013 12:03

I want them to cover 'I Remember You' by Skid Row! That would be awesome! :laugh:

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 25 Oct 2013 02:01

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 28 Oct 2013 15:43

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 28 Oct 2013 15:59

JULIE! HI!!! :wave:

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 28 Oct 2013 16:24

Tossing in Even Flow by Pearl Jam. If I'm remembering correctly, Emma's a PJ fan.
I'm trying to learn the actual words to this for myself, otherwise it sounds like gibberish XD
Also gonna put La Bamba on the table because who wouldn't think it would be funny to hear Shim sing in spanish?

Hedgehogs for days

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 28 Oct 2013 16:48

That would be funny. Makes me think of his American he has in The Day. That was weird to hear.

I DO!!!!

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 28 Oct 2013 17:18

Hedgehogs for days

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 28 Oct 2013 17:46

Return to “Sick Puppies”