SPWC Fan of the Week #56

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

SPWC Fan of the Week #56

Unread postby chandra » 27 Nov 2013 10:32

Introducing Jeanie Arnold, our Fan of the Week!

When did you first hear about the band?
"I was stumbling around some music sites back in high school, looking for new songs, when the video for 'My World' came up. From the first word, I was absolutely hooked and have followed them ever since!"

What is your favorite song?
"That is an evil question, only because I don't think I could ever really choose. One of the special things about the Sick Puppies is that there will always be a song for you in any situation. Sometimes, I want to listen to Polar Opposite five times through. On the train to and from work, 'There's No Going Back' and 'Maybe' are my jams. That being said, I am designing a new tattoo around 'White Balloons,' so this week, we'll go with that as my favorite. Next week, though, it might be 'What Are You Looking For?' Too many marvels to choose from =)"

Are you a member of the SPWC forum?
"Yes!!!"

If so, why did you decide to join and what is your username?
"jarnold427. Be my friend! My avatar is me hugging a plastic pumpkin signed by the band. It doesn't get any better. I joined after I saw my first live show in Baltimore in October. I finally understood how fan-oriented the band is, and I wanted to be part of that. Or try to, at least. The people on the forum are all so nice and awesome!"

Where are you from?
"From Houston, Texas, went to university in upstate New York, and now I live in Washington DC!"

First concert? 
"First Sick Puppies concert was at Baltimore Soundstage a month ago. Best concert ever! All three opening bands were spectacular, and then when the Sick Puppies got onstage, I went absolutely still. My roommate (she hadn't heard of the Pups before then, but I dragged her along with me) was almost worried at my comatose state for a few seconds, but then I blew her eardrums out with my fangirl screams. I didn't have my voice for the next three days!"

Why do you love Sick Puppies?
"They're special. It's hard to describe, but they're just such a special band. Each song of theirs has a place in my life, and one of the coolest things about all their songs is that you can find something that speaks to you for any situation you're going through. Aside from their flawless music, they as people are just so freaking cool! What other band tries to be close to their fans the way the Sick Puppies do?"

Fun Facts:
"Once upon a time I dug a 20 foot-hole in the ground in Belize looking for some Mayans and all I found was the leftovers of someone's chicken dinner back in 800 AD. By that I mean I did archeaology one summer. Does that count as interesting? I'm full of stories =)"

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: SPWC Fan of the Week #56

Unread postby Carrie » 27 Nov 2013 11:55

Yay Jeanie!! :wave:

jarnold427
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jarnold427 » 27 Nov 2013 20:46

Ah best Thanksgiving surprise ever!! :biggrin:

Courage comes from letting go and loving everything you fear away

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 27 Nov 2013 22:29

Great interview, Jeanie. :)

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Return to “Sick Puppies”