What Does the Band mean to You?

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
MarkJ1994
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What Does the Band mean to You?

Unread postby MarkJ1994 » 10 Dec 2013 14:44

I am just curious, what does the band and their music mean to you? What do you love about Emma, Shim, and or Mark?

Markj1994

Shows been to:
October 1, 2013~ Orlando, FL House of Blues
April 26, 2014- Fort Myers, FL.
April 27, 2014- Jacksonville, FL
August 3, 2014- Louisville, Kentucky

srbryant8
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What Does the Band mean to You?

Unread postby srbryant8 » 18 Dec 2013 13:19

Sick puppies are my heart!! They helped me through a rough time in my life when all dressed up for life was released. The words made me stronger and pulled me through. They rock out which is a plus!! Emma is so amazing and exciting to watch. Shim is so positive and at every concert I have been to he has pumped up everyone in the house!! Mark is so amazing and I love his solos. Every time I have gotten a signing his knuckles are bloody red from all the heart he has put into it!! truly a great band !!

Srbryant8

BrittyStar80
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby BrittyStar80 » 20 Dec 2013 13:44

Their music has gotten me through so much from break ups, to hard times, and has even made me feel good. Going to their concerts is so amazing. But I can connect to their songs and they just help me get through anything. There is a song for any kind of day I'm having. And Shim, Mark, and Emma are all amazing people. So nice and thankful for their fans and everything they have which is amazing. I can tell you that I have not listened to anything else since Connect came out in July. I just have Sick Puppies on repeat on my iPod in my car!

Denver, CO 5/16/10---Denver, CO 8/16/10---Denver, CO 4/21/11---Cheyenne, WY 7/27/11---Denver, CO 10/13/12---Denver, CO 9/3/13---Colorado Springs 12/13/13---Denver, CO 3/10/14
Next Up---Unknow :(

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 21 Dec 2013 15:50

As muh as I love their music, a large part of why I love them has to do with who they are and how they treat their fans. And their music has brought me together with so many great people. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't talk to at least one ambassador (usually Dana haha) I honestly owe them so much.

Wow I am being super cheesy lately. Haha

RafaelAlthaus
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RafaelAlthaus » 21 Dec 2013 19:05

I could throw on you guys all kinds of emotional bullshit about how much I love the band members, the carisma and affection that I have for them and how much I wanna meet them but, putting all that aside, what really got me into the band and make them part of my life was how much they love music, and how much they care about their songs, that's really important, and this is what they mean to me, people who still believe on good music.

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 21 Dec 2013 19:25

I think I have you beat in the cheese department Cassie. I actually thanked Shim the other night and said because of the band, I've been able to meet and get to know so many amazing people that I never would have met if not for our shared interest in them. Talk about cheesy...In my defense though, I think I was still pretty drunk at that point in the evening. Hehe! Hopefully he won't hold it against me. :biggrin:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 21 Dec 2013 19:30

Haha maybe not. We gave Emma a gift (some ferrero rocher chocolates I think.) And she thanked us and was like "you didn't have to do that" and Dana was all "we know. But you guys have done so much. We could never repay you enough..." What a cheeseball, huh? In all seriousness yea when i saw them last I actually gave them a thank you card instead of a Christmas one saying basically that. So they have it in writing. :tongue:
Last edited by Cassie on 21 Dec 2013 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 21 Dec 2013 19:34

Ahhh! They have your cheesiness in writing!!! I guess you guys do have me beat! :biggrin:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 21 Dec 2013 19:52

cheetofreak82
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby cheetofreak82 » 21 Dec 2013 22:38

Everyone so far has hit the nail on the head. Shim, Mark, and Emma are truly great artist who shares the love for their fans and for their music. When they said that they wanted to take over the world one person at a time they meant it. One of my favorite encounters with them was during a private VIP session with them. Shim was opening up to us about how there were different endings to a certain songs. What other artist actually does that to random fans? Another great thing is that they show they actually want to be there. Smiles coming from each one of them both on and off the stage. Emma actually gets into her music when she plays the guitar and not stay in one spot. At times she closes her eyes and you can tell she is at peace. Mark is just a happy go lucky guy who sets the beat and runs with it. At least one song relates to any one person no matter who they are. With all of this said, Sick Puppies will be around for a long long time. Keep up the good work!

lucyzaire09
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby lucyzaire09 » 12 Mar 2014 18:27

Nothing anymore...

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 13 Mar 2014 08:21

Sorry you feel that way, but why bother to come on to the boards just to say that? Are you looking for angry reactions from fans? Because you won't get that here. We are all a family and if you don't want to be a part of that, nobody is stopping you from leaving. It's your loss, not ours.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 13 Mar 2014 08:24

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Daez
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Daez » 13 Mar 2014 08:49

kyazloff
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kyazloff » 13 Mar 2014 18:50

Well, I'm pretty new to the site, but what has been said already is pretty much what I was going to say. Music means a lot to me. I'm constantly listening to music on a daily basis, and I don't go a single day without listening to Sick Puppies. I have Connect in my car, and whenever I give rides to friends they always ask who the band is and how awesome they are! I used to apologize for having only one CD in my car, but not anymore :music:

I don't really have an emotional story, aha. I guess I just can't imagine listening to a playlist that doesn't have Sick Puppies on it. I've saw them live back in July of last year and I can say that they are one of my favorite bands to see live :rock:

I'm really excited to get to see them next week! I've only seen them live once before and I know this time is going to be just as awesome!

I'm not the master of the universe,
I walk the earth the wrong way

SPFanMentorOH89
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SPFanMentorOH89 » 14 Mar 2014 07:49

Sick Puppies has always been my favorite band and I am glad to represent them. Music has always been so important to me and hearing SP never gets old.
Sick Puppies changed my life. When I first heard Tripolar on the radio, it was back in 2009. I was in an abusive relationship and felt like I had no way out. We were arguing in the car, and were going down came on and I tuned the yelling and fighting out and focused on the song. I remember thinking that the words spoke to me. "Its been a long time coming, and the tables turned around, one of us is going, one of us is going down" I remember thinking about how angry I felt. I was able to turn my anger into feelings for this song and it spoke to me. I really liked the beat and so I ended up going home and looking them up. TriPolar had songs on it that spoke to me. Especially "odd one" and "maybe" and anytime I felt down I would blast their songs. Sick Puppies is not like any band. They make time for their fans and actually care. I fell in love with them and they mean the world to me because their music spoke to me and gave me the push to leave. I love this band and would do anything for them if asked. I am blessed to be apart of SPWC

Daez
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Daez » 14 Mar 2014 08:16

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 15 Mar 2014 17:22

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 15 Mar 2014 18:58

Wait, I'm strange? I should fit right in with the likes of all of you then.

Call me odd one.

:argh:

I DO!!!!

Return to “Sick Puppies”