What Does the Band mean to You?

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: What Does the Band mean to You?

Unread postby Cassie » 15 Mar 2014 19:38

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby David » 15 Mar 2014 21:29

Jessamy called me strange. You all are just guilty by association.

I DO!!!!

SPFanMentorOH89
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SPFanMentorOH89 » 15 Mar 2014 22:15

I am strange... lol.
At least I can admit I am an odd one...

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 16 Mar 2014 08:42

Daez
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Daez » 16 Mar 2014 10:48

Let your freak flag fly!! :crazy: :rock: :lmao:

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 16 Mar 2014 19:32

Hey I resemble that remark!

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Daez
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Daez » 17 Mar 2014 09:07

NinaL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby NinaL » 13 Apr 2014 09:06

I have something that might sound silly to some...

The first SP song I heard was You're going down and then I heard Maybe. When the song started "Maybe I'm a dreamer..." I thought Oh this has to be good. I loved the song and it's what got me into their music. Maybe inspires me and motivates me.

I got the Tri-Polar rings tattooed about a year ago. I wanted a tattoo for years, but didn't know what to get. Then one time when I was listening to SP on Youtube I thought the Tri-Polar rings would be great. They mean something to me.

I went to my first SP show last Thursday and it was great. During the show, and when Shim talked before they played Maybe, that no one believed in them when they first started, that we shouldn't let anyone tell us to stop doing something we want, like singing, I thought " This is why I have the Tri-Polar rings tattoo". It's not just the Tri-Polar rings or the Tri-Polar album. It's what their music means to me. And it's so much more than just the music. They really care about and appreciate their fans. They want everyone to have a great time at their show. When I was at the show, Shim said before they played the last song that it wasn't over until he had talked to every single one of us. I think that says a lot.
So to me the Tri-Polar rings means happiness, love, caring, believing in yourself, following your dreams, being strong and that it's perfectly fine to be the odd one.

"Cause what`s inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view"

Do you have a Sick Puppies tattoo? Want to be a part of my project?

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 13 Apr 2014 11:36

The only time I feel like I ever belong anywhere is at a SP show, every where else I'm Odd One. That's the only time I stop worrying and over obsessing about things and can just be me.

This group of friends I've made here are just amazing. Some of you I talk to everyday. People I talk to when I have issues and they help me so much more than they know. They also put up with all my random nonsense and chatter. Some of the best friends I have, I met here. Maybe that means a lot about me that it took an online community to finally find a place I felt I belong, maybe that means a lot about the ambassador team here. I screw up a lot around here, there are a lot of things I need to do better. Everyone is willing to give me honest advice and a good hug to make me feel like not a total screw up. I love you f*ck peeps.

I guess I should mention the band. Lol. They always seem happy to see me when I make shows. they really appreciate all the work the World Crew and their Ambassadors do.

Not a fan club, but we are, not a street team, but we are, we are so much more. Want to be an Ambassador? Ask me how.

Cassie, did I out cheese you? I was trying to out cheese you. Brutally honest in the lines above.

I DO!!!!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 14 Apr 2014 07:14

That first thing you said...Dana and I say that all the time. I feel like I'm home.

As for the rest of it, 100% accurate. You guys are my extendes family. Idk David. How about we call ot a tie?? :P

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 14 Apr 2014 11:53

I want in on the cheese!!!!! Here we go:

I've always been invisible. If you weren't a doctor's kid, a lawyer's kid, or an athlete, you meant nothing in the Okoboji School District. I've always been super shy and honestly didn't mind the invisibility since that meant not having to socialize much or go up in front of the entire school to receive awards. No matter how much you deserved them. I learned to just accept the fact that no matter how hard I worked, it would never be seen and that just meant that being humble wasn't too hard.

My cousin dragged me to my first Sick Puppies show. I didn't really want to go because I didn't like crowds and honestly, in June of 2010, I hadn't heard much from them. I hadn't even seen a picture of them! I had no idea there was a girl in the band or that she and Shim were from Australia or anything. But as soon as they hit the stage, I was in love. I'll pretend I wasn't a fangirl................

Q102, the radio station that sponsored the show in Spencer, kept advertising their meet and greet after, so I was determined to meet them. I kept trying to tell myself not to be disappointed if they were snobbish. They're rockstars, after all! I fully expected to just go through the line and get my stuff signed without a single glance. Not the case.

As soon as I got up to the table, Shim looked up and smiled and asked how it went. I said it was my first concert and could have fallen over from shock at the fact that he actually cared to ask if I'd go to more now. He signed my shirt, gave me a pat on the back and told me he'd better see me again at more shows. And I received much the same treatment from Mark and Emma. I was amazed! What happened to rockstars being all stuck up and too good for their fans?!

At my second show, Shim gave me a hug and asked for my name because my friend and I were right up front at the little acoustic gig at an arcade in Des Moines (DAVID!!!!!), and I guess we never missed a word when singing along. Hehe. By my third show, he guess and said "Cara?" I said, "No, Cora...with an O." By the fourth, he looked up and said, "Hey Cora with an O!"

I almost died. Someone had actually remembered me?! My freaking IDOL and the person I look up to SO MUCH remembered my name and the little joke I'd put with it?! That did NOT happen to me....ever....could it?!

After I had become an ambassador, things just got even better. I met and became a part of a wonderful family here, I have friends from all over the world, adoptive parents in at least six states, 'brothers and sisters' from everywhere, and my heroes remember my name and are happy to see me.

I no longer feel invisible, thanks to them. And they brought me here. To my second family. One that I can count on for damn near anything.

Not entirely sure where I would be without Sick Puppies. I was in a pretty dark spot in my life when I found them and they've helped me through every one of them since. (Including those of you reading all this - that's just implied since you're with the band too) ;)

Cheesy enough?

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

NinaL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby NinaL » 14 Apr 2014 14:18

Feeling invisible and that you're not good enough, been there and still am. I've never felt like I belong but I don't care as much now as I did when I was younger. But it still holds me back, but I'm learning to follow my dreams...

I've always thought that you seem very nice and funny, Cora, and you're one of the people here that I'd like to meet.
That's one more thing I like about this. It's kind of like a family. No competing over who has seen them more times, who knows them better or whatever.

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 14 Apr 2014 14:35

OddOneSickPup
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby OddOneSickPup » 14 Apr 2014 17:51

Sick Puppies are amazing! They are spectacular musician's, obviously but they are also some of the kindest, mist humble human beings I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I love that they aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe in and they are just kind hearted wonderful people. They are not the typical rock stars and I love that about them! They make their fans feel like their friends and that is rare. Their music and their attitudes make me happy and they are just so encouraging! They encourage kindness and stand up for amazing things and there is nothing better than that in my book. :-) Their lyrics resonate with me no matter what mood I'm in and with today's music that is a big deal. They are the best band ever and they're incredible human beings! :-)

What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view! <3

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 14 Apr 2014 20:28

NinaL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby NinaL » 20 Apr 2014 13:11

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 20 Apr 2014 13:39

OddOneSickPup
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby OddOneSickPup » 20 Apr 2014 13:54

What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view! <3

NinaL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby NinaL » 20 Apr 2014 14:27

Return to “Sick Puppies”