What is Your most memorable moment

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
elljawa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What is Your most memorable moment

Unread postby elljawa » 02 Mar 2014 22:00

I actually bumped in to SP at a non SP concert. They came up to Maine to watch Avenged Sevenfold at a Taste of Chaos tour (I think it was called that). I bumped in to them in the stands. After a few double takes, we said hi and they gave us a hug. Super friendly dudes, they would have been in their rights to tell us to f*ck off. I think this was in early 2008, they told us they were still writing their new album at the time.

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Carrie » 03 Mar 2014 04:58

C-Jay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby C-Jay » 30 Mar 2014 16:14

I guess it could be considered corny to say that every time I've seen them live or met them was very memorable. One of the most memorable would have to be when I seen them with Breaking Benjamin and Adelitas Way at the Egyptian Room in Indianapolis. After they show, they were meeting fans that had purchased a cd or shirt. It was something like that. Anyway, I didn't have the extra money for that. Admittedly, I was kinda bummed, but, it didn't take anything away from the experience. It was a great lineup and a great show. Last October, I seen them at Bogart's in Cincinnati. When I bought the tickets for me and a couple friends, I had seen they were having a VIP meet and greet. I jumped all over it. I get the chance to meet one of my very favorite bands and just shake their hands, or in Emma's case, bump her fist. The most memorable part of this; We got there really early that day so we ended up just walking around the block of Bogart's over and over and over. We were not exactly sure when the VIP stuff was supposed to start. So, as we were walking around the block, I asked a guy that was standing out back by a tour bus if he knew when it was supposed to start. No sooner than I had asked, out walked Emma and Mark. The guy I had asked turned to Emma and asked her when it was supposed to start. Meanwhile, at this point, I'm just standing there starstruck. That moment is just one that stands out for me. I've seen them 7 times in all so far. 4 of those times have been since the aforementioned show. They were all memorable. I've never been disappointed in the least at a Sick Puppies show. So, anytime they are anywhere around here, I will be there to see them. And I'm sure it'll be just as memorable as every other time.

ShilohG
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ShilohG » 31 Mar 2014 12:23

I have to say that when my wife and I went to Seattle to the band during the Revolver Tour we didn't know what to expect.
Would they be as friendly and welcoming as before? Would they even remember us?

Turns out I had no worries. We waited outside for the VIP meet & greet, and Shim walked by. He looked right at me and said "Hey, it's you again. Great to see you." and bumped my fist.
Now, anyone could have said that, but for some reason you can just feel when it's genuine.
We went inside and saw G. Without even a blink he recognized us and it was like we never left the last show (back in September in Spokane).

We met up with Teresa and Brianna West again. Forgot to get a picture with them. Again.

The show was awesome, and I realized that Cilver is a pretty damned good band themselves. Very catchy songs. The others were great too, but Cilver really stood out.

After the show we hung to the back of the line. We talked with G again and he turned to the band and said "These guys came down from Vancouver to see the show" which Mark promptly replied "Yeah, we know who they are."
So we ended up chatting with them for a few minutes about the upcoming European tour, the lack of time to make a Gunfight video, and a few other things.

I still can't get over how great these guys (and gal) are. And I still can't believe I didn't get a picture with G.
Next time G, next time.

Knitting Factory, Spokane September 2013
My wife, Denise, and I at our first Sick Puppies show.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 02 Apr 2014 21:50

Return to “Sick Puppies”