What is Your most memorable moment

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
MarkJ1994
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What is Your most memorable moment

Unread postby MarkJ1994 » 13 Dec 2013 06:38

What is Your most memorable moment with the SP or at a SP concert?

Markj1994

Shows been to:
October 1, 2013~ Orlando, FL House of Blues
April 26, 2014- Fort Myers, FL.
April 27, 2014- Jacksonville, FL
August 3, 2014- Louisville, Kentucky

Ali
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: What is Your most memorable moment

Unread postby Ali » 13 Dec 2013 07:34

For me it was during a VIP session. I'd been to a number of shows before. And right after the session was done, Shim looked at me and said "You been to show before?" and I nodded and said "Yeah a few times' and he told me "Yeah... I remember you, your face." I smiled and replied "Then I'm doing something right."

Then later that night I won the guitar... When I walked up to the "signing" with it, Emma was like "You won?!?" I nodded and was smiling beyond normal capacity for me... Shim was like "Cool!" Mark said I needed it signed and a picture. So I got that. Got hugs from 'em all.

Almost lost it. :crazy:

BrittyStar80
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby BrittyStar80 » 20 Dec 2013 13:45

Denver, CO 5/16/10---Denver, CO 8/16/10---Denver, CO 4/21/11---Cheyenne, WY 7/27/11---Denver, CO 10/13/12---Denver, CO 9/3/13---Colorado Springs 12/13/13---Denver, CO 3/10/14
Next Up---Unknow :(

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby dlcramer » 20 Dec 2013 14:22

Most memorable? For me, it was Shim asking for my sunglasses from in stage in Tucson in 2010. I threw them on stage and he realized I wear prescription sunglasses. Oops. He still wore them for a few songs as the sun went down.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 21 Dec 2013 15:46

Honestly I can't think of just one. Aside from getting to spend most of my shows with other bassie and G. So I'm gonna throw out a few.

Back in March 2008 one of my first shows doing anyrhing for the still baby spwc Shim was crowd surfing and accidentally kicked me in the head. When he got back over the rail he apologized and then after the show when I was talking he came up to me and rubbed my head and made sure I was okay. This was back when I was completely unknown to him and it was nice to know he cared. I don't think he even remembers that.

Back in 2009 at a show with my ex, we were in for a soundcheck with some radio winners. We would always seek out Emma to talk because she usually gets ignored or is quiet unless she knows you or you ask her a question. After souncdcheck and picture time she saw us and actually sought us out to come talk, and then hugged us goodbye (voluntaily). That was so cool to me at the time because she only does that on her own if she is comfortable with you. Its really just the little stuff that's so memorable to me. Hving Shim ALWAYS somehow fund me in a crowd (and sometimes say hi to me...lol) Running into him on the street with Suzie and chit chatting and having her tell Dana and I that shes comfortable with him being on the road because she knows he has us all over (Dana and I got to have a conversation with her earlier that day. She is super sweet) I could go on forever. Every show is memorable for different reasons. I really consider them and all of you family. <3

/cheesy post

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 21 Dec 2013 19:21

The really cool thing about this band is that each and every experience I've had with them I have something memorable to take away from it. I can't say that about any other band I've seen or even the ones I've met. You can tell how much they genuinely appreciate us. They really take the time to make a connection with each and every one of us, which just goes to show what amazing people they are.

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 22 Dec 2013 15:32

Back in 2011 when the band was doing small UK tour to promote Tri-Polar they had to cancel the show in Machester because Shim lost his voice. Mari (ex-ambassador) texted me about that and said that rest of the band is gonna be there and hang with fans for some time. Paul, Mark, Emma and Dan came there and talk with us for hour or so. It was really amazing and I couldnt believe it. They were super cool, signed few posters for us, photos and we have few beers and shots. :)

Still remember every moment from that night and I cant wait to see them again!

Thanks to for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 29 Dec 2013 08:16

For me it's several SPWC related weekends...including trips to Texas and Nashville. In the fall of 2010.....a then ambassador friend flew to Baltimore for a show. Several of us STILL talk about the horrible bartender at that club who......should not in any right.....be making drinks, lol. Terrible Tori.......your story and non-existent bartending skills live on. lol :laugh:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby sickestpup » 29 Dec 2013 08:58

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 29 Dec 2013 10:31

Mayumi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mayumi » 01 Jan 2014 14:14

It's so nice to see how the Pups remember their fan faces.
We are not "just one more fan".

Brazil is with the band!

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 01 Jan 2014 14:57

One of my most memorable moments (still) was all the way back in July of 2008 around Mark's birthday. We were watching "The band that shall not be named" perform when Mark joined us to hang out for a few songs. Plus a handful of Ambassadors were there too, making it even more exciting.

Favorite moment at shows? Seeing people's reaction in the autograph line when you ask if they enjoyed the band. Especially if it was there first time seeing SP live. :biggrin:

Seeing Gerry goes without saying, in my opinion. :laugh:

ShilohG
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ShilohG » 04 Jan 2014 17:21

I love reading all of your experiences. It shows that the band cares so much for their fans, old and new.

I've only been to one SP concert, and even though I have been to numerous concerts the SP one is, by far, the best one I have ever attended. The entire experience is so memorable, from even before I left my house.
So I think I'll just pick out the highlights from the entire trip.

- I live just outside of Vancouver, BC, in a town called Gibsons, which is on Canada's Sunshine Coast. I am 41 years old, but by no means feel 'old', but concerts do make me feel my age as I watch all these young kids. ;)
- The night before we (my wife and I) were to drive to Spokane, Wash I got an e-mail saying that I had won the Jamplify contest for that concert. So that was the first win for the trip!
- I wasn't sure how it was going to work because we were to be at the concert hall by 2:45, but we wouldn't even get into Spokane until 3. Turns out that I got an e-mail the next day saying the sound check was pushed back an hour. Perfect timing!
- We arrived an immediately met Brianna West and her mother. My first ambassador meeting, and she couldn't have represented the World Crew any better.
- I then met G, and he is a fantastic guy. He made us feel so welcome there, too.
- Being in the Knitting Factory during sound check was great, but meeting the band was even better. I couldn't believe how cool and down to earth they were they were. And when Shim asked our opinions about Gunfight it really brought us a great feeling, because he was actually listening to us, and paying attention to what we thought.
- Brianna, again, was great by saving us a spot right up front with her (in front of Shim). Without that I would have probably just stayed near the back. I'm not an outgoing guy and front and center at a concert just 'isn't me'. It made the concert 1000x's better.
- Shim acknowledged us throughout the show. Whether through little gestures or just making eye contact and smiling, he remembered who we were, and made sure that he showed us that. During My World, after the crowd responded, he gave me a "so-so" hand gesture about the response. I can see it in one of the videos floating around, and it's so cool knowing that it was me he was 'talking' to.
- After the show G gave my wife a set of drumsticks, and without hesitation Mark signed them.

So after all of that, I feel like if I was to go to another show I would be able to seek G out, say hi, meet any ambassadors that may be there, and actually feel like I belong.
And I like to think that if we met the band again, they would remember us.They give off the impression that they would, and from what I keep reading on here from the rest of you, they remain friendly to all of their fans.

Knitting Factory, Spokane September 2013
My wife, Denise, and I at our first Sick Puppies show.

TeresaW
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TeresaW » 04 Jan 2014 18:31

ShilohG
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ShilohG » 04 Jan 2014 18:58

Brianna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Brianna » 05 Jan 2014 00:11

ShilohG
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ShilohG » 05 Jan 2014 02:40

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 26 Jan 2014 05:36

I would have to say my most memorable moment (so far) was at the Stone Pony show in Oct '13. My son and I were near the front so he could try to get a pick from Emma, and Shim started calling people from the back to move up so we could do the group bounce. Someone in the back must have been ignoring Shim or avoiding eye contact (a big mistake!) because Shim said "Don't act like you can't hear me. I'm looking right f*****g at you!" As he turned around to go back to the stage he muttered "F*****g Jersey!". I seriously doubt that whoever that was will make that mistake again!

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

cheetofreak82
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby cheetofreak82 » 02 Mar 2014 12:17

It seems like every time I go to a Sick Puppies show something interesting happens. I decided to take a road trip to a concert in Juliet Illinois to be a part of the Revolver's Hottest Chicks in Hard Rock tour. My experience started before the show even started. In order to get out of the cold weather and avoid standing in line to wait for the venue to open, my friend and I decided to step across the street to a local bar/food venue for a drink. To my surprise, sitting 2 seats down from me was Shim waiting on some food since the band obviously just got off their tour bus. We had a small conversation and I told him I was part of the World Crew. He encouraged me to become an ambassador and was talking highly about the benefits. The next encounter I had with the band was at the VIP meet and greet before the show. As I approached them, Shim recognized me from our previous encounter and greeted me again. I made sure that I got in the front row during the concert (first front row experience with them). It was amazing needless to say. When the show ended, Emma leaned over and gave me 2 of her guitar picks and smiled at me. I was extremely excited by then. To my surprise, Mark came to the front of the stage and threw me one of his drum sticks, even though he just broke it at the end of their final song. With all of this that happened, it has definitely became one of the best experience of my life.

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 02 Mar 2014 17:51

oooh mine has to be back in 2010, it was my first show as an ambassador and I was so so nervous! But I met Scott, Jen and Stacey and G and they were all so nice. Anyways, I had this Jack hat and of course when Shim saw it, he stole it from me and was wearing it all night lol. Then it was around midnight and he walked out with it on and Stacey and I stopped him. And Stacey was like "um shim, you have something of Domos!" And he turned around and said "oh right. well you are going tomorrow nights show right?" and I told him yes but he would forget to give it back to me. He replied "well. you are going to the show after that right??" and I said yes but you will still forget to give it back!! He walked back over to us with this "they just took my toys away from me" look on his face and handed back to me. lol I got him his own for his birthday that year and he said "but I like yours better" lol what a dork!! lol

Return to “Sick Puppies”