When was the first time you listened to SP?

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
RafaelAlthaus
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

When was the first time you listened to SP?

Unread postby RafaelAlthaus » 14 Dec 2013 08:48

Tell us. Wich song was? :smile:

I don't know if we have a thread about that yet, sorry if I'm wrong. :biggrin:

I was watching Tekken when "You're Going Down" started playing. I stopped watching it (guess the song was the only thing that was good on the movie, I love the game, but the movie just sucks) and tried to find the song. Heard a few other songs, loved the members (of course I had a crush on Emma, what the hell :laugh: ) and their attitude on stage. Couldn't get rid of it since them. :smile:

What about you?

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: When was the first time you listened to SP?

Unread postby sickestpup » 14 Dec 2013 18:35

Old band member wanted me to learn this song (Deliverance) from this band he was digging. I was like yeah whatever. Ill learn the song (I was on bass) Listened to the song, loved the music. I said this dude can friggin rip on the bass (before I knew it was a girl bassist) When he told me it was a girl, I melted a little. Then I saw them live...Yeah, I've never been the same since then haha

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 14 Dec 2013 23:37

The first song I heard was My World, on Music Choice. Heard the song and loved it, and then found out the bassist was a girl - I had just started playing bass myself so I thought that was awesome. I bought DUAL soon after and then saw them live soon after that. :rock:

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 16 Dec 2013 22:01

Early 2007 for me, before DUAL had even come out. Saw the Free Hugs video while wandering around youtube, knew I had to find out more about the band that did that song, hehe. Bought DUAL on release day, after bothering the FYE employees because it was not yet on display when I went looking for it late afternoon. They couldn't even figure out what the price was supposed to be because they weren't stickered yet, haha.

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 17 Dec 2013 07:21

I saw the Free Hugs video when I was about eleven and didn't give the band a second thought.
I distinctly remember my parents hating YGD, I didn't care for it at first either, Odd One was the first song that I loved enough to give Tri-Polar a try.

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

MarkJ1994
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby MarkJ1994 » 27 Jan 2014 19:32

I heard them for the first time in 2006. The song I heard was Riptide. At that time it was the song that helped me get through a lot of stuff at the time.

Markj1994

Shows been to:
October 1, 2013~ Orlando, FL House of Blues
April 26, 2014- Fort Myers, FL.
April 27, 2014- Jacksonville, FL
August 3, 2014- Louisville, Kentucky

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 31 Jan 2014 19:49

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 03 Feb 2014 21:41

My sister had heard My World on the radio, back when it first came out lol and she made me listen to it. So I did, and fell in love. So we bought the album before we left for a road trip to Tennessee for Christmas and it was the only album I listened to the whole two days lol

WonSickPuppy
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby WonSickPuppy » 05 Mar 2014 17:48

I stumbled across Free Hugs on YouTube by accident when I was looking for something else...I don't even remember what. That's right when Tri-Polar was coming out so I bought it and DUAL. It was a life changing event for me and I joined the forum that week.
When listening to DUAL, I realized I was at a festival that I remember hearing SP play at the year before and had no idea they would become what they mean to me today.

Tommy79
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Tommy79 » 05 Mar 2014 19:04

Anywhere but Here, over, and over, and over again. That started the madness, and is still one of my favorite songs. Not exactly sure when, it's been a couple years, but that song created the addiction, and they never seize to amaze me.

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 06 Mar 2014 04:58

The first time I ever heard Sick Puppies was back in 2006?/2007? Whenever All the Same was released on the radio. I still remember exactly where I was when I heard it. I was driving so I had to pull over to write the lyrics down so I could search for it later. As soon as I got home I looked them up to find out who the band was...and the rest is history.

kyazloff
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kyazloff » 07 Mar 2014 18:54

So I don't exactly remember the day I listened to my first Sick puppies song. All I remember is that I heard Odd One somewhere (it might have been on the radio) and I found myself rocking out to it :rock: . I really loved it, but I never really looked for the song even though I heard it several times. Four years ago I was searching for new bands to listen to on iTunes, just basically looking at the suggested bands off of the ones that already were on my iPod. I found Sick Puppies and I remember listening to the preview of the song and thinking "Holy crap! I love this song so much and I've been looking for it forever!" :crazy:

I now have DUAL, Tri-Polar, Connect, and Polar Opposite. I've seen Sick Puppies once and am about to see them again at the HoB in Anaheim, CA! So stoked :crazy:

I'm not the master of the universe,
I walk the earth the wrong way

SPFanMentorOH89
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SPFanMentorOH89 » 10 Mar 2014 08:48

2009. I had just dropped my daughter off at daycare, and was on my way to work.
The Rock Station in Fort Myers was talking about Tripolar's debut album, and they played "Your Going Down" and I fell in love. <3

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 15 Mar 2014 17:19

oooooh lord......sophmore? year of high school? 2008 maybe. All the Same was my first courtesy of the Free Hugs vid

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

Tara
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Tara » 18 Mar 2014 07:21

My first experience with SP was in 2007 when they opened up for Evenescence. I instantly fell in love with their energy but it was their hilarious cover of Say My Name then Howard's Tale that hooked me.

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 22 Mar 2014 06:37

The video for "Maybe" was on the VH1 Top 20 Video Countdown. I fell in love with the lyrics. Wasn't long before I realized how amazing the band was and how much I could relate to so many lyrics (especially "Odd One").

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 22 Mar 2014 14:20

At the very end of my junior year in high school (2010 - I'm a later bloomer here, my bad!), Sick Puppies were going to be in Spencer, Iowa. That's a HUGE deal for my area. Usually all we get to play around here is country. So the local radio station constantly played Odd One, their single at the time. I thought it was okay and ended up being dragged to the concert by my cousin from Omaha who had been to their Free Hugs concert. I had never seen pictures of them. Didn't know there was a girl in the band. Didn't know the story behind Odd One or what it really meant. Once they took the stage, I was hooked and there was no going back. (No pun intended). When they played Odd One again that night, I knew my life would never be the same. And I've been grateful for my cousin dragging me to that show ever since. :)

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

darthvader6
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby darthvader6 » 23 Mar 2014 18:33

It was a Saturday morning, and we would go back and forth between DIY network and VH1 video countdown. I don't remember what # they were in the countdown but their video for Maybe came on and I was hooked from that point forward. It has changed my life forever. Say my first SP concert 12/13, and how many more times I see them in the future is yet to be determined.

Madison, WI 12/17/13

Sirenesong
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sirenesong » 27 Mar 2014 13:42

The first time I heard Sick puppies was in the beggining of October 2013 (I'm a newbie :angel: )
Me and my friends were entering a contest, and we were brainstorming about which song to use, so our drummer came up with Odd One, from a band called Sick Puppies. I though it was a little strange name, but I liked the song, and I kinda wanted to try a new genre, since I was mostly listening to quiet songs, and so, after two songs, I fell in love with Sick Puppies :biggrin: :rock: Since then I've bought Connect ( it's impossible getting a SP disk here in Norway :cry: ) , learnt Bass, I've spent hours reading interviews, and just all info I can about SP :biggrin: So today I became a World Crew Member! Yay!

Be the change you want to see in the world

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 28 Mar 2014 05:11

Return to “Sick Puppies”