Sound change?

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RyanVocals
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sound change?

Unread postby RyanVocals » 19 Dec 2013 05:33

Okay, so I've heard a lot about how SP has changed their sound. In my opinion, they sound softer, cleaner almost. Is this necessarily a bad thing though? I must say, I enjoyed the "Dressed Up As Life" sound much better than the "Connect" sound. Is this something to be concerned with? Because most people I talk to about SP agree that they didn't like their sound anymore. I didn't mind it, I enjoyed connect, but I liked "Dressed Up As Life" a bit better. What do you guys think?

:rock: :crazy: :rock: :crazy: :rock:

RafaelAlthaus
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Sound change?

Unread postby RafaelAlthaus » 19 Dec 2013 06:06

Just because it changed, it doesn't mean that it's bad. Of course sounds different, but still good.

What I notice is that SP change their style every two albums, on the second album they take the first one to the next level, like a 1.5 version of the first one.

They had a style with "Welcome to the Real World", and made it sound better with "Dressed up as Life". Two albums, same style, and the second one is a improvement of the first one.

Same deal with Tri-Polar and Connect. Tri-Polar was the first, changed style, and improved with Connect.

We should ask ourselves how the next album gonna sounds, cause for sure it'll be different. Hope they don't sold the band to the pop industry.

srbryant8
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby srbryant8 » 19 Dec 2013 08:03

Yeah it was a bit of a change, but change is good. You can always expect them to release a great album!! I doubt they would go pop lol no way. Die to save you and Poison I LOVE!!

Srbryant8

jarnold427
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jarnold427 » 19 Dec 2013 08:16

I've always noticed the little tweaks and changes, but I love them! As someone with a really short attention span, I don't always find bands I can really latch onto because a lot of people fall into this trap where their sound gets stale. Sick Puppies never do that!! They stay true to their roots but have so much creativity and talent that they can make these little changes that are so incredible, but at the same time, not disruptive (at least to me!) or straying away from who they are as a band.

One thing is for sure, you really can always count on them to release a great album! Just like srbryant8 said :biggrin:

Courage comes from letting go and loving everything you fear away

Mayumi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mayumi » 19 Dec 2013 09:00

Shim once said:
"There are two ways to shoot yourself in the foot – never changing … or changing to much.”
And I can't agree more.

Brazil is with the band!

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 19 Dec 2013 09:10

Of course the sound changes cause they've changed. I wouldn't want to hear the same thing over and over.

#2017ForDavid :sp:

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 19 Dec 2013 09:52

Steph

Green-Stringed Bass
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Green-Stringed Bass » 19 Dec 2013 11:24

I feel that they have just gone back to their roots. If you listen to Connect you can really hear where the other songs started. It is something my dad pointed out when he first listened to the new album. The music just is not overdeveloped and changed to be like old albums. I like that they had the courage to try a new style on an album while still being Sick Puppies.

You make me wanna jump off a ledge
Find a new life
Come back from the dead

*Always curious*

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 19 Dec 2013 13:27

RafaelAlthaus
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RafaelAlthaus » 19 Dec 2013 14:01

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 19 Dec 2013 15:10

I think with their paycheck, they'd probably use the same exact song and re-write the lyrics if the studio told them to...Based on their live show they've obviously got a huge budget.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 19 Dec 2013 15:37

Hedgehogs for days

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 19 Dec 2013 15:47

RafaelAlthaus
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RafaelAlthaus » 20 Dec 2013 05:43

Shards of change... ♪

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 20 Dec 2013 13:48

Hedgehogs for days

Return to “Sick Puppies”