I'm with the band, you could be too..

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I'm with the band, you could be too..

Unread postby David » 07 Mar 2015 19:55

Ever have a really cool experience at a signing? tell me about it.

Even when exhausted SP will try to sign for anyone...Thats how awesome Mark and Emma are.

Tell me your cool meet and great stories.

I DO!!!!

Heather

Re: I'm with the band, you could be too..

Unread postby Heather » 08 Mar 2015 01:08

There have been so many cool moments! I remember the first time I met them, back in 2008, I had gone to the show to see another band and did not even know Sick Puppies were opening - I had just started listening to them and wasn't up on their tour schedule. :wink: I was really excited to meet Emma, I knew she was great from listening to the CD but seeing her live was just amazing! So I pretty much ignored the other band members because I was so nervous trying to think of what to say to her. :laugh: She was so cool and nice and I became a huge fan of SP after that. :biggrin:

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby sickestpup » 08 Mar 2015 09:36

Man there's so many great ones and I'm pretty sure I've shared most. In Allentown PA Aug 2013, after the show (before I became an ambassador) I was always super star struck when going thru that dreaded line. But I liked to at least express appreciation for coming to a small town to play. I get up there and literally lose words. I'm stumbling to speak...looking like a total dork. Mark looks at me and says I could see you from behind my set rockin, with this goofy smile on his face. And Emma was like yeah I remember you from the show last week. Don't hurt yourself out there. That's when I knew I loved these two. So genuine and fun. I was already a diehard fan at that point but as soon that show was over I went home and signed up on the forum and was an ambassador a few short months later.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 08 Mar 2015 11:45

Like a total dork and star struck. I love that. That's how I was the first ten times. Mark and Enma seem to be able to read that on your face and make it better in the couple seconds you have with them in the sign line.

I love these stories! Keep them coming.

My first show was a Pointfest in St Louis in 2008. I thought I was crazy to drive 3 hours to see a band do a 25 minute set at a festival. First signing was a few months later at a fest is Council Bluffs IA. I was so star struck I was actually shaking when they signed the shirt I bought. I could barely talk to Emma, I was so blown away by her mad skills. I wanted a picture with her that show, but we all know they can't do pictures when there is a long line. They have to sign for everyone.

I DO!!!!

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 08 Mar 2015 21:44

Anytime Emma gives you a hug ;) :hug:

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 09 Mar 2015 17:27

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 10 Mar 2015 11:41

What Domo said. Anytime Emma gives you a hug. Such a sweetheart.
Or when you get a giant bear hug from the Sweaty Yeti. :P Hehehe, and you're like aww....thanks Mark. :P LOL!!! But ya don't really mind if you're honest with yourself because you got a hug from the Sweaty Yeti!! :P

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jackvegas » 11 Mar 2015 12:51

Just how welcoming they are, both times i have seen them they have spent time and effort to see the fans, something not many bands will do.

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 13 Mar 2015 19:55

Some of the most fun I have had at signing has been when a new fan is in line and very nervous to meet the band. I tell them how Emma and Mark are very down to earth. It brings back memories of my first time meeting them and how nervous I was too.

grunge
Ambassador
Ambassador

Unread postby grunge » 30 Jul 2015 18:12

I never really got in the sign line. Just happy to have them on stage playing. Looking forward to some grungy heavy new music! :music: :rock:

You don't see me, for I am but a fragment of your intimidation.

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 30 Jul 2015 19:33

You know, I really wish I'd known how they stuck around to do merch after shows when I saw them because I so would have. I was so blown away by their presence on stage. Course now, I plan to see them many, many, many more times. ;)

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 30 Jul 2015 20:27

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 30 Jul 2015 22:44

I DO!!!!

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 31 Jul 2015 10:58

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 01 Aug 2015 07:52

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 01 Aug 2015 17:30

I DO!!!!

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 02 Aug 2015 17:24

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 05 Sep 2015 13:41

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

cheetofreak82
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby cheetofreak82 » 24 Sep 2015 02:54

Great memories with Mark and Emma has to be the road trip to Lewisville, KY. I remember asking Emma if she has ever actually went camping that didn't include a tour bus but an actual tent. We had a few laughs over that. Going out after the show with Mark was great. That was the first time I truly felt like part of the band.

coolfool_2
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby coolfool_2 » 24 Sep 2015 12:48

Back before the ambassador days, G knew me as the guy that always had a bunch of random items to get signed. I tried to be the last thru the line because it always took a few minutes to sign everything. It was always cool when I got comments that they either didn't have that certain CD in their collection or had never saw that particular poster before. One time, they took pictures of some radio flyers from Australia as they had not saw those before, that was kind of cool.

Return to “Sick Puppies”