Recording new music pics!

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
Stacey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recording new music pics!

Unread postby Stacey » 31 Jul 2015 15:59

Hey there Hook!!!!

I first heard SP in May 2007 when I saw them open for Kill Hannah and Flyleaf at the Gothic in Denver. I fell in love with our dear Emma and her bad ass-ness. I went home and found them on myspace, as a result of that Susanna contacted me to invite me over to a new forum for the band and very shortly after that I applied and was invited to become one of the original ambassadors.

Hope you wake from you slumber soon to answer some of the great questions in ask the band. Watch out for all the albatrosses as you make your way up to the deck....lol (Dana that one's for you :tongue: )

Sassy, Classy And A Little Smart Assy

5/31/07-Denver~8/5/08-Casper~8/20/08-Denver~9/8/09-CO Springs~9/9/09-Denver~10/23/09-Nashville~5/12/10-CO Springs~5/13/10-Denver~4/22/11-Casper~7/27/11-Cheyenne~10/16/11-Las Vegas~10/12/12-Casper~10/13/12-Denver~6/22/13-North Platte~9/3/13-Denver~12/13/13-CO Springs~3/10/14-Denver~5/1/16-Jacksonville~12/8/16-Omaha~3/2/17-Billings~4/30/17-Henderson, NV

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby David » 31 Jul 2015 18:50

My brother turned me onto the band by texting me in 2007 and telling me I had to listen to the profile song on his myspace page (yes, it was back when myspace was the thing to do :laugh: ) Of course it was Free Hugs and I loved it. I went onto youtube and listen to all the other DUAL songs over and over again. A few months later I saw they were playing an early day spot at Pointfest in St Louis. I wanted to go but thought it would be crazy to drive three and a half hours to see a short afternoon set but I did and was blown away. Using DUAL as a crutch through a breakup that put me in a sad place really cemented my love for this band and music. I started going to as many shows as I could and I kept running into the same person over and over again (Tim C), it seemed he was 'with the band.' I thought that would be fun and he told me about this place, I became an Ambassador within a month of that and I've been here ever since.

The irony is that I thought it was crazy to drive that far for that first show and now I've seen the band 91 times in 29 states and have traveled just under 70,000 miles.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

I DO!!!!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 01 Aug 2015 07:41

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Julie » 02 Aug 2015 18:52

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 03 Aug 2015 08:16

Hedgehogs for days

grunge
Ambassador
Ambassador

Unread postby grunge » 03 Aug 2015 12:52

Tour this year?

You don't see me, for I am but a fragment of your intimidation.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 04 Aug 2015 08:37

#2017ForDavid :sp:

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 04 Aug 2015 10:55

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 05 Aug 2015 07:55

Hedgehogs for days

RafaelAlthaus
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RafaelAlthaus » 05 Aug 2015 13:00

Just the album this year, maybe? I'm probably going to the US for a few weeks next year, hope I can catch them on the road. I'm crazy about this band for almost 6 years and never saw them life, can you believe that? :flash: :flash:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 07 Aug 2015 10:48

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 15 Aug 2015 00:03

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 15 Aug 2015 09:55

There is just something so ... real ... about that shot. It's absolutely beautiful how happy he looks. :)

Shows

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 17 Aug 2015 11:13

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 19 Aug 2015 20:02

HOOK!!!!!!

I'm late to the party - I've been in the process (still am, who am I kidding?) of moving into an old house that needed a LOT of work. So since Vegas, I haven't been around here much. And I started a new full time job. But anywho!

I first heard of Sick Puppies shortly before they played a show in Spencer, IA of all places! Not even for the Clay County Fair! (Trust me, that's insane for my little neck of the woods). They were being played on the radio once in a while around here, which is crazy considering they usually only play Classic Rock. They were AWESOME! So I HAD to get tickets. The first rock show for the area, considering we usually only get Country crap. :P When they took the stage - Mind Blown.

Everything from then on was Sick Puppies. My iPod was STUCK on Sick Puppies for YEARS. Not months. Nothing sounded as good after I found them. You. :)

I became an ambassador shortly after I graduated from high school, and my life hasn't been the same since. I have friends everywhere. No. I have FAMILY everywhere. :) I have now been to 20 shows all over the Midwest: Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, all these places I wouldn't see had it not been for Sick Puppies and the family I made there.

I couldn't be more thankful for the Pups. And you are a perfect fit into the equation. Just know that. :)

Cora (Or you'll probably see OkobojiOddOne or CoraSPWC or ClassyHooker - it's a crochet thing, I promise!)

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 24 Aug 2015 10:43

The following commentaries are for entertainment purposes only. The view and opinions expressed herein are those of the demented individual and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Sick Puppies or any of their respective affiliates or employees. Parental discretion is advised. Look both ways when crossing the street and don't forget to wash your hands every time you use the restroom. In case of fire, stop, drop and (rock n) roll! Merching at the speed of light!

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 25 Aug 2015 15:13

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 25 Aug 2015 22:04

Okay, I'll admit I was having a CRAZY emotional day yesterday, but I almost cried with how often I saw this posted. I am so excited.

Shows

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 26 Aug 2015 11:44

I love the hashtags they have been using!

#soonsoonsoon
#homestretch
#thanksforbeingpatient

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 27 Aug 2015 05:52

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

Return to “Sick Puppies”