Walking Away (new song)

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Walking Away (new song)

Unread postby rapscallion » 12 Jun 2013 19:19

Walking Away

You mean everything to me, or don't you know?
You're the thing that brought me back to life
I put you on a pedestal
You said I do, I said you will
Now tell me do you wanna
Keep any of this alive? (Alive?)
LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME!

Didn't I didn't I love you?
Wasn't I good enough for you?
You're not walking away
You're not walking away
(Don't you wanna keep this alive?)
You and I, we should be together
You and I, we're in this forever
You're not getting away
You're not getting away

Where would you be without me?
Just ask yourself
No one's gonna love you like I do
Look into my eyes and see
I could never let you leave
Now tell me do you wanna
Keep any of this alive?* (Alive?)
LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME!

You're not walking away
You're not walking away

You're not getting away
You're not getting away

Look at you.
Why are you so beautiful?
You're my only one
But you make it so hard for me
Just look at what you've done

You're not walking away
You're not walking away
You're not getting away
You're not getting away
You're not getting away
You're not getting away
You're not getting away
You're not getting away

*listed as "Make it out of this alive?" in the liner notes
Last edited by rapscallion on 09 Aug 2013 16:29, edited 3 times in total.

When a sky full of tears falls to the earth, I've got to believe we're healing now

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Walking Away (new song)

Unread postby rapscallion » 12 Jun 2013 19:21

Based on this live version (Thanks David!):

When a sky full of tears falls to the earth, I've got to believe we're healing now

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 13 Jun 2013 16:26

Awesome! :rock: :music: :rock:

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rapscallion » 15 Jun 2013 16:01

Yeah, I am really impressed with this one! I have listened to it a couple dozen times. :music: Why isn't it July 16th yet?

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 16 Jun 2013 17:23

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 16 Jun 2013 20:58

I love this song so hard

I DO!!!!

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 16 Jun 2013 21:32

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but around 2:46 does some dude walk in front of me and purposely hold his hat up to F with my shot? I didn't realize it when it happened, I was holding my camera over my head. But if he was F'ing with me. He is a D.

I DO!!!!

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rapscallion » 17 Jun 2013 15:58

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 18 Jun 2013 23:44

I was trying to get decent video because I turn all my footage into the webcast team, but this night was not one of precision. I'm happy with decent audio, and my video is the only one of this song thats on youtube at the moment. So thats kind of cool.

I DO!!!!

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 02 Jul 2013 18:45

I can tell this is going to be one of my favorites. I also love Die to Save You and Telling Lies. Connect is cool...it reminds me of Mumford & Sons.

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rapscallion » 05 Aug 2013 11:41

Wow this is dark. I fixed a couple lyrics now that I have the liner notes. Most glaring and telling mistake? The second verse doesn't end "tell me do you wanna keep any of this alive?" like the first verse. It's "tell me do you wanna make it out of this alive?"
Chilling. I thought it was about emotional abuse, but apparently this goes further.

SickKorny
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SickKorny » 05 Aug 2013 12:48

I thought it seemed like a carry on from Don't Walk Away, like DWA was the bit just after a break up where you feel sorry for your self and want it all to go back to normal and WA seemed like when you get angry at the other person for leaving...

Just me?

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rapscallion » 09 Aug 2013 04:01

Splasher
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Splasher » 09 Aug 2013 07:42

Last edited by Splasher on 09 Aug 2013 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rapscallion » 09 Aug 2013 16:42

^done

Starception
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Starception » 26 Oct 2013 19:49

I can really relate to this song. I was with a guy for 11 months and then all of a sudden, he decided he didn't want to be in a serious relationship right now... this happened in early September and on the 29th of that month it would have been our 1-year anniversary. Which it's kind of unfair, being with me that long and now suddenly he doesn't know what he wants. Wtf. It was a long distance relationship.. also he said that he'd never leave me. So yeah, I can relate to this song and that's why I love it so much

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tbritting » 11 Mar 2014 03:38

Love this song! It's really catchy and relatable, hope it becomes a single somewhere down the road :biggrin:

WonSickPuppy
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby WonSickPuppy » 11 Mar 2014 10:00

I remember telling Capital Records brass that I think it should be a single.

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 11 Mar 2014 12:44

My favorite song off Connect. I'd be BEYOND excited if it was released as a single. Pretty happy that Connect is coming out soon though.

NinaL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby NinaL » 20 Apr 2014 14:20

I really like this song. My favorite part is the chorus, the first two lines, and his voice.

"Cause what`s inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view"

Do you have a Sick Puppies tattoo? Want to be a part of my project?

Return to “Connect”