Under a Very Black Sky

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Under a Very Black Sky

Unread postby tbritting » 28 Apr 2014 23:35

Definitely one of my top favorites from the Connect album! :biggrin:

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 24 Jul 2014 05:42

I just love this song!!!

sum1special
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby sum1special » 24 Jul 2014 17:05

I have a question that I just seem to get out of my head when I hear this song: In the second verse, is that actually Shim singing? It just sounds way to high to be him. :tongue:

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tbritting » 20 Nov 2014 16:20

Love Emma's vocals on this one.

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 20 Nov 2014 22:45

Definitely one of the best on Connect, and Emma's vocals are a big reason why. :rock:

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 05 Oct 2015 08:55

I love this song, especially now. It has a lot more meaning to me now that I've been through a breakup with an extremely toxic person. It was easy to love him when he didn't act like himself, but when he was Dan again, it started to get harder and harder to fake it. He became abusive, by no means physically, but when you're told everything you love, any of your opinions or ideas, or favorite things are stupid day in and day out, it definitely verges on verbally abusive status. That feels like swallowing glass, when every part of you gets ripped to shreds.

And 'disappointment is cruel, but hope can be crueler'....nooooooooo kidding. This is perfect. One day he'd do something horrible, but then next he'd say he would try to change. HA! Lies. And nothing feels worse than being given that hope, just to have it dashed on.

I love this song so much now. Not that I didn't before, but it just has so much more meaning now.

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 05 Oct 2015 20:50

#2017ForDavid :sp:

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 05 Oct 2015 22:00

Shows

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 06 Oct 2015 09:50

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 06 Oct 2015 12:23

Shows

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 15 Oct 2015 11:12

I feel for you Cora! :comfort: It sucks being in a situation like that. I'm happy to hear you were strong enough to walk away!

I've been in two relationships with guys who messed me up mentally. One guy had one set of rules for him and a different set of rules for me. He could say stuff to me and if I got mad or hurt I was stupid for taking offence, but if I said the exact same thing to him I was the meanest person ever. Sometimes I felt like he wanted to be with me mostly because he wanted to be able to show people he had a girlfriend, rather than because he actually liked me. Then at other times he could be really sweet.

The other guy loved an idea he had of me, so he never bothered to find out who I really was. One time when I was so mad at him that I had to go outside to cool off, he came out after a few minutes and found me. He told me he was relieved that I was out there being mad, because he had been worried I'd gone to the toilet and was having a big dump. Really?? How is angry better than performing a natural body function? Ever?!?

So happy that I was strong enough to break up with them! Especially since shortly after breaking up with the second guy, I met Robert (who is now my husband). He is the most amazing guy I've ever met and I love him more than he could ever understand. After nine years together I'm still so thankful to have him in my life :sneakkiss:

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby sickestpup » 20 Oct 2015 15:11

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 23 Oct 2015 08:58

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 30 Oct 2015 02:00

Douchecanoes, what an awesome word! Hope you don't mind, but I'm totally going to start using that :biggrin:
Last edited by JohannaGistvik on 16 Nov 2015 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 30 Oct 2015 23:13

It's amazing how music can help fans navigate life. That's one of the reason I specifically love Mark, Emma's and Hooks work so much.

I DO!!!!

Return to “Connect”