The Trick the Devil Did

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The Trick the Devil Did

Unread postby Jessamy » 16 Jul 2013 20:42

Outta reach in the sky
Most of you will never fly
Afraid to fail, afraid to try
But not me, I'd rather die

The trick the devil did
The trick the devil did
The trick the devil did was make me want it

Oh no! I'm fighting for my soul
I'm ready for the battle
Most things I can handle

The trick the devil did
The trick the devil did

Long eyes, longer road
Up ahead, we're all alone
And what I want is what I'm owed
Too late to stay, too late to go

The trick the devil did
The trick the devil did

I'm ready for the battle
Most things I can handle

Oh no! I'll never let it go
I saw my name in blood
So I'm ready for the trouble

The trick the devil did
The trick the devil did

And I can't resist anything of temptation
I'm ready for the battle
Most things I can handle

The trick, the trick, the trick the devil did was make me want it

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: The Trick the Devil Did

Unread postby Rose » 16 Jul 2013 21:39

The verses are in iambic pantameter.

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

SickKorny
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby SickKorny » 17 Jul 2013 03:10

Omg, You're right Rose! That's so cool!! What do you think the song is about??

I think the meaning is different every verse?

Welcome to my world... Where everyone I ever needs always ends up leavin me alone... Cause we are the rock kids! We don't want your pop sh*t!

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 17 Jul 2013 09:17

I think it's about selling your soul. In legends you can sell your soul to the devil (or a crossroads deamon) for fame/money/whatever and the devil will let you live for ten more years, then you got to hell. I that's very metaphorical in the song, the person in the song wasn't afraid to fly so they sold their soul. In the pre chorus they're saying they don't blame the devil really they wanted it. But still forever in hell is a big price for ten years of fame or money, so they're fighting for their soul back.
The longer road in the second verse could be the time they have left, the other person they're all alone with is probably the devil, what I want is what I own is clearly talking about the soul, to late to stay, to late to go is probably about how they are in to deep.
Now that's all probably a metaphor for something like losing you identity to fame, it seems like the band is making this album all about the fans and maybe not really doing it for themselves? But that's just a theory.

I took a critical analysis class last year :smile:

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

SickKorny
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SickKorny » 17 Jul 2013 16:32

That's a deep answer! Very interesting theory! My friend has a theory that it's a carry on from Howard's Tale and Monsters? The tunnings the same and its very dark like the two songs and the lyrical meaning could be interprated as like, he feels the devil, who abused him as a child, made him into an abuser but he wants to stop an dget back his soul?

Your course sounds fun! :) must be interesting to find hidden meanings and stuff like that in text! :)

Welcome to my world... Where everyone I ever needs always ends up leavin me alone... Cause we are the rock kids! We don't want your pop sh*t!

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rapscallion » 17 Jul 2013 17:06

When a sky full of tears falls to the earth, I've got to believe we're healing now

Return to “Connect”