Master of the Universe

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Master of the Universe

Unread postby Missy » 13 Jul 2009 20:44

If you want to know how far to go to hell just ask me
if you want to see the view from your knees
come down and join me
I'm the final straw
the nail in the coffin
just by being who I am
is so God#@mned

(chorus)
I'm not the master of the Unisverse
I walk the Earth the wrong way
met my potential and fulfilled the worst
my best is cursed the wrong way

Your glass is half, his glass is full
my glass is empty
you're running short of not enough
well I got plenty
I've come a long way
I went the wrong way
and who I am
is so God#@mned

(bridge)
And when I die I'm gonna fly and come and get you
and when you try and run I'll be the curse above you
it's gonna end
it's gonna end

(breakdown outro)
In the race for disaster I will come in first
that's what I've learned
the hard way
What?!

(outro)
I've come a long way
I went the wrong way
I've come a long way
I went the wrong way
I've come a long way
I went the wrong way

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Master of the Universe

Unread postby Donna » 15 Jul 2009 10:48

This song is quickly becoming a favorite of mine .. musically it is epic and I love the lyrics as well. I love
"and who I am is so God#@mned" :cool:

And just like most everyone else I am curious as to what those random sounds are at the beginning and end .. I'm hoping Shim, Emma or Mark answer Shari's question in the Ask the Band thread :tongue:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 15 Jul 2009 11:35

The intro is just... :crazy:

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 15 Jul 2009 12:02

This feels like the "Cancer" of the new album, lyric wise; politically charged and anti-religion.

"if you want to see the view from your knees" = worship

.....Shim and I need to have a chat about religion, seems we have similar views. :smile:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 16 Jul 2009 15:33

I think this is officially my 6th favorite song, I don't know why it took a while to love it but the lyrics are great, it's catchy, and the sick sexy bass intro is sufficient enough!

.....this album is TOO good, grr! =x

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 16 Jul 2009 16:16

I have mixed feelings about this song. I LOVE most of it. But I really dislike the chorus. It doesn't seem to fit to me, and it's bothersome because the rest of the song kicks so much ass. Then that bubblegum rock sounding chorus comes in. Arggh...

I think I might need to make the bass riff my new text alert.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 16 Jul 2009 16:28

I love the chorus lol. But I agree that it's kind of inconsistent with the rest and unexpected, kind of like Odd One. But it really grew on me, been replaying it for a while now. But I think the pros outweigh the cons drastically.

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 16 Jul 2009 16:34

The intro for this song is great! But I have to agree the chorus is just not all that great.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 16 Jul 2009 16:38

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 16 Jul 2009 16:43

It sounds better/heavier live though!

Maybe you'll fully enjoy it then? :biggrin:

pR!Me

Unread postby pR!Me » 24 Jul 2009 02:43

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 29 Jul 2009 05:17

I'm kind of obsessed with the "if you want to know how far to go to hell just ask me" line.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 29 Jul 2009 06:03

^^^ I'm kinda obsessed with that whole verse. :laugh:

Christian
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Christian » 29 Jul 2009 12:09

I really like this song alot.It seems like it kinda sticks to the old sp but has new aspect as well.Can't wait to hear it live.:)

Why So Serious!

Sarah
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sarah » 05 Aug 2009 00:19

RandyF
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandyF » 08 Aug 2009 18:51

" I've come a long way, I went the wrong way "...............It's funny how sometimes the simplest lyrics can hit the spot so well.

" And the choice I wish I'd made I always make too late "
" I've come a long way, I went the wrong way "

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 21 Aug 2009 09:42

I have the opening bass line as my text alert, and my little brother asked me if it was the Seinfeld theme. :slapshead:

jj1973
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jj1973 » 25 Aug 2009 18:22

Although I love this CD sooo much, this song is not one of my faves from it. I like it, but it is not a fave, not a song I would listen to a lot.

JMO,

JJ

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby sickestpup » 27 Nov 2015 06:46

I love reading everyone's take on my favorite songs. Usually a song is my favorite if it hits close to home and expresses something I would never be able to put into words....OR it just has that melt my face element. This song definitely does that. The way the drums just sync up so perfectly with the slappa da bass.....its magical.

Return to “Tri-Polar”