How does everyone feel about...

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Katy » 17 May 2008 05:51

I was curious how everyone here at this forum feels about fan fiction? Do you read it? Do you write it? Do you hate it and think it's wrong? Personally, I enjoy writing it. What about you?

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the "Inspired" thread. *shrug*

Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Becky » 17 May 2008 06:41

Fan fic kinda creeps me out, to be honest. :-X

Jamie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jamie » 17 May 2008 07:30

Some of it can be funny...but people get TOO um..."involved" with characters and it does tend to get a little creepy.

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 17 May 2008 07:32

yeah some of it is just too weird. im not a fan of it. i havent really read much tho. but what ive seen and heard about is just downright creepy

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 17 May 2008 13:21

I also find it kinda creepy o.O

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 17 May 2008 14:04

Fair enough. I could understand why.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 17 May 2008 14:24

I guess it depends too really.

I've seen some that go a tad bit too far lol.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 17 May 2008 20:25

I am out of the loop on this one..I don't really know what fan fiction is so I am pretty sure I have never read any of it .

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 17 May 2008 20:52

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 17 May 2008 22:21

^^^ I'd like to add that it usually also contains death, illness, terrible accidents, rape, any other bad thing that can happen to someone, ect... And it seems to usually happen to a female character and there's always a man who saves her. :P

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby hshiau » 18 May 2008 00:08

whoa! oddly enough, the ones i've seen are for bands with a large female following...and they are usually of the suggestive nature...NSFW suggestive.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 18 May 2008 07:16

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 18 May 2008 12:56

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 18 May 2008 18:12

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 18 May 2008 18:14

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 18 May 2008 18:29

Fanfics scare me in substantial amounts.

aruna

Unread postby aruna » 19 May 2008 17:33

Um...oops. I just posted one here..this afternoon. Now I'm reading this and know how everyone feels. ::)

I don't wanna delete it, though. I spent so much time on it!

Fan Fictions were really popular on the AAR boards, but then they were banned because I think they were confusing people. ;D

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 20 May 2008 04:48

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 20 May 2008 04:51

Aruna just because a lot of people here are not hip on Fanfic, doesn't mean you can't be. ;)

And I don't think that what you typed up in the Music sections really even qualifies as fan fiction. You were just saying songs that relate to your life. No reason to delete that....that's what the thread is about. :P
Last edited by Becky on 20 May 2008 04:55, edited 1 time in total.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 20 May 2008 04:57

Aruna - Where did you post the story? If it's on the forum, I can't find it. :(

Return to “Random”