ALL THE SAME

Hollee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: ALL THE SAME

Unread postby Hollee » 08 Nov 2009 20:38

I've got to resurrect this thread and just talk about this song.

This was the first song that got me hooked on SP after I saw them live with Evanescence. I saw the Free Hugs video on YouTube and instantly fell in love. Not only with Shim's vocals or the guitar solo, but the lyrics themselves. They impacted me on a deeper level than just about any song before it had. Especially the line 'I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.' Even now, every time I hear that line I get chills.

I can connect with this song on more than one level, and it can fit with more than one mood. I was driving home the other night and the night was a disaster and I was just so down, and this song came on and during the chorus when Shim sings 'go ahead tell me you'll leave again you'll just come back running' and I actually started crying. Yet I can listen to this song when I'm in the best of moods and it just lifts me up even more and puts a permanent smile on my face.

There's not many songs that do this to me, but this and My World are definitely some of the most inspiring and hard hitting songs to me.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby David » 08 Nov 2009 21:08

^^^

I can totally relate to the chills part. This is a song that everybody can relate to, if they can't they are not human. You opened up and shared your stories of this song, I will do the same.

I was with a girl for over 2 years and she left me very suddenly, I don't even want to know how many times I listened to All the Same and Anywhere But Here those recovery months, but they both got me through that very rough time.

Then about a year ago I started dating my neighbor, and this was our song. The whole "take you for who you are, if you take me for everything" really played into that. We had been friends long enough to know that we each had baggage, but we decided to not hold it against each other and just concentrate on us in the moment. After two months she went back to her Ex, but I saw it coming.

I DO!!!!

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby DropC » 09 Nov 2009 06:27

Wow D, that's rough.

This song it mine and my fiancee's song. It's also the one that made me start learning strumming in guitar. I started learning this song on guitar not even a year after I started playing, and I remember that my fingers were burning from it =D

i couldnt hold onto th epick either :surprised:

:crazy: :hug:

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 16 Nov 2009 08:18

I get something a little different from the song, but its one of my favorites off the album (both lyrically and melodically). I guess that's the phenomenal thing about music, and one of the many reasons I love it so much. an artist writes something, sometimes with a direct and specific meaning/purpose and often times its interrupted in many ways by listeners. but it doesn't matter if what you're interrupting is different from the original intent, as long as whatever you're taking from it helps, comforts or means something to you in some way. plus it has to be interesting for the artist to hear what others are getting from their music. i think that's also why its interesting to run through this page in the forum to see what everyone is taking from the songs. there's one SP song that's hit me within the last few months (although i love it, it's not "All the Same") with things that have come up in my life, as well as a song by another artist and both have been overly comforting...ahhh i love music :smile: :laugh: :music: :rock:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

theanarchypoet
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby theanarchypoet » 18 May 2010 18:23

since evrybody else started putting how this song has related to them i thought i would too. My girlfriend just broke up with me... again this is the 4th time in 6months, and everytime she does in a few weeks she comes back to me and everytime like an idiot i welcome her back with open arms. :smile: just thought id share

"We are all subjects of fate, ...though we must act as if we are not" - Phillup Paulman

Monogmy is all she wants from me but i see my life and its way to short

I wrote her name on the bullet, that way the whole world would now that she was the last thing to go through my head.
[color=#000000]

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 19 May 2010 20:47

Check out my band

Yu Jin

Unread postby Yu Jin » 20 May 2010 20:45

This song was my first run-in with the Sick Puppies, though I didn't know it at the time.

When the video was released, me and my friends were sitting around at this convience store playing pool when the video came on. The two girls in our group thought the video was AMAZING and wrote free hugs on themselves and sorta forced us to do the same. So then we were walking around for the rest of the day with FREE HUGS on our arms/shirt/wherever and the girls were completely into it and us guys were just kinda like, "Sure." I remember that day pretty well because it was the last time I hung out with one of those girls before she moved.

And then a few months ago I discovered the Sick Puppies and All The Same, and even after months of listening to them, I never made the connection. Then I saw the video and I was like, "I knew this song!"

BUT, in terms of lyrical content, this song relates to me because this girl I was really into and who I was friends with for years kinda stopped talking to me in recent months. We used to talk for hours a day, but then we started fighting alot, and then she just up and pretty much gave up on our friendship out of nowhere. Other friends of mine tell me to just don't worry about it, but honestly, I want us to be friends again. So I associate this song with her, for some reason.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 21 May 2010 04:19

^^^ :hug: Thanks for sharing your story.

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby summertime<3 » 21 Dec 2010 19:38

MAN am I late to comment on this. hehe. sorry guys. :)

I've obviously known this song for a long time but I just recently started to learn how to play it on guitar. (I'm still not very good..lol) But I love it! I can't get enough of it now.

Anyone else know how/attempted to play it?

..and i'm drowning in the ashes; kicking, screaming. <3
Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Milwaukee, WI ~ 5/21/2010
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Waterloo, IA ~ 3/4/2011 <3
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Platteville, WI ~ 9/5/2011

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 21 Dec 2010 22:40

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 22 Dec 2010 05:28

It took me a couple weeks but I figured out how to play it the correct way as Shim plays it. It's tough. There is some weird streching I hadn't had to do before. Keep trying though.....It's really fun to jam to.

I DO!!!!

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby summertime<3 » 22 Dec 2010 13:54

I only know the intro as of right now..but I'm still excited I know some of it. :laugh:
Need more practice.

..and i'm drowning in the ashes; kicking, screaming. <3
Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Milwaukee, WI ~ 5/21/2010
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Waterloo, IA ~ 3/4/2011 <3
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Platteville, WI ~ 9/5/2011

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 22 Dec 2010 20:44

Check out my band

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 23 Dec 2010 09:31

Damn. :flash:

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 23 Dec 2010 09:46

Thanks to for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 23 Dec 2010 10:23

That's what happens when you start playing bass when your 2 years old :)

Check out my band

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 23 Dec 2010 11:45

WonSickPuppy
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby WonSickPuppy » 24 Nov 2015 05:45

This is kind of random but this has always been one of my favorite songs. I happened to share a random lyric on FB the other day and got more likes than I expected.

"I don't care, no I wouldn't dare to fix the twist in you."

Sirenesong
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sirenesong » 26 Feb 2016 04:06

Man, I think I'll never get tired of this song! Perfection :music:

Be the change you want to see in the world

Kship2001
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Kship2001 » 07 Jan 2017 00:07

This is the song I kept hearing on the radio while I was at work (back when I worked in a daycare in the infant room). I didn't know I had already seen the band live & I knew I had to see them! I learned real quick who they were & was at the next show in my area. Before I left that job, I would play SP on my phone for all the babies in the room lol

It's one of my favorite songs because it led me to the band!

Crazy is just fine cause I like where I'm going :sp:

Return to “Dressed Up As Life”