Fears and Phobias

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fears and Phobias

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 16 Sep 2011 19:58

What are you afraid of? Phobias, irrational fears, etc.
I'm afraid of falling (I blame the Tower of Terror), manta rays, the dark (for that one, I blame the time a substitute librarian read us a story about Tailypo in elementary school and ever since then I think I'm gonna open my eyes and see that thing staring me down from over the edge of my bed), going to the doctor/ getting shots, and the teacher I had for Honors english last year. The teacher is actually nice, but she scares me. For no reason XD

Hedgehogs for days

RN2011
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fears and Phobias

Unread postby RN2011 » 17 Sep 2011 00:04

snakes, heights, getting shots (which is moronic because im a nurse and have 8 tattoos), sharks.

ValentinThirteen
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ValentinThirteen » 17 Sep 2011 07:11

Bugs...even if it's the smallest or most harmless thing. And I mean no matter what it is....It's hard to look manly when lady bugs, moths (I blame an Animal X episode I watched when I was in 5th grade on that one), and june bugs freak you out. :ugh:
Last edited by ValentinThirteen on 28 Sep 2011 05:50, edited 2 times in total.

"I wish that things were still the way they used to be... but only for a day just so I could say that I remember you."

sum1special
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sum1special » 17 Sep 2011 09:00

Spiders.... scariest things in the world....

CookieMonster24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby CookieMonster24 » 17 Sep 2011 14:08

Being alone, being alone in the dark, knives, my evil side, losing someone again.

"I'm not your ordinary girl. When i first came into this world i was born without a heart, in the cold, in the dark. Don't think theres a right solution, people like me are the pollution. There's nothing i don't regret, so listen up close so you don't forget. I think novocaine runs threw veins. I don't know how to love or how to feel..."

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 17 Sep 2011 14:46

Heights and falling from high places. Pretty common!

billeh
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby billeh » 18 Sep 2011 20:13

Spiders. Even the smallest one will scare me skittleless. Sometimes I grow a pair and can kill one but usually I scream like a girl and expect my bf to kill it. If he doesn't and it runs off I freak out and won't stay in the same room with it until I find it's dead body or it is murdered!

I don't fear centipedes, they just startle me. And I don't like them. They eat spiders though, so...I can't complain too much.

I don't care for extreme heights.

I'm afraid of losing people I love. It's happened recently, and that kind of hurt is terrible.

Getting lost in a cave with no light can be pretty scary too.

I'll do what I wanna do, 'cause I wasn't built to lose.

Show me where it hurts, and I will make it worse.
9/30/07, 9/20/08, 5/23/09, 8/14/10- Pointfest, St. Louis, MO
5/1/10-Rolla, MO
12/13/09, 12/13/10-Hoho Show, St. Louis, MO
4/24/10-Tulsa, OK

xlpurplepixielx
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby xlpurplepixielx » 27 Sep 2011 23:22

My biggest fear is clowns...yes clowns. They are creepy as hell scary things that nightmares are made of. I can't even look at clown pictures without visibly shuddering. I also have a phobia of bees, bad enough that I'm known to if I see a bee inside, or extremely close to me, run away from the bee screaming, then stand and stare in horror hoping like hell it leaves me alone. Also, SPIDERS. They are cool when they aren't alive...alive? Not so much. I like spiders, I'm just horrified of them. I'm known to scream for someone to come kill it and be frozen in place until it happens or I manage to unfreeze long enough to run away.

EDIT: I forgot to add--That's pretty much all I'm scared of immensely. Anything else I'm fine with and doesn't bother me that much, if it's something dangerous I can be scared a few minutes and get over it quickly.

Bri

tineshinya
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tineshinya » 14 Oct 2011 20:15

I cant stand touching or hearing or really being around change (coins) i get grossed out even thing about it. it is ironic because i am a cashier and i have to be around/touch the stuff all day. i really hate it because i feel like my hands are disgusting by the time i get off work. other then this one really strange one i don't really have any other fears or phobias.

Fresno CA, 10/7/11
Pomona CA, 10/2/12 w/"The band that shall not be named"

PushyGirl86
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby PushyGirl86 » 24 Oct 2011 16:18

spiders.

I have passed out from seeing them before....

Danielle

Rochester NY, Mar 27 / 11
Rochester NY, Aug 01 / 10
Weedsport NY, Jul 19 / 08
Syracuse NY, Jul 30 / 11

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 26 Oct 2011 17:52

bells, and what I mean is liberty bell type bells freak me out for some reason and have since as long as I can remember.
oh and clowns I don't like clowns.

Onesickpuppie93

Unread postby Onesickpuppie93 » 27 Oct 2011 21:05

biggest phobia of clowns i even hate the word and grass hoppers :/

Starception
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Starception » 14 Feb 2013 19:16

Spiders, worms, heights, cliffs, caves, death, losing someone, deep water, drowning, psychiatric hospitals, sharks..

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 18 Feb 2013 15:11

Statues. Any Whovians present will understand <.<

Hedgehogs for days

WonSickPuppy
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby WonSickPuppy » 18 Feb 2013 17:30

Heights and drowning.

Starception
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Starception » 07 Mar 2013 21:42

Death..

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 12 Apr 2013 12:37

I'm pretty scared of wormy, writhing bugs and large quantities of ants (I don't get too freaked out if there are only one or two, they're kinda cute by themslves...but when there are more than that, I know their friends are hiding just around the corner and I hate the thought of them crawling on me :P ) The Amish really scare me too, I don't know why and it's nothing personal against them...they just really scare me!!! I don't like hospitals or dental offices either...and (this one is really dumb) the annoying orange :ugh: Oh, and SILVERFISH! :flash:

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 13 Apr 2013 13:14

Hedgehogs for days

Skinwalker
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Skinwalker » 14 Apr 2013 18:23

I'm afraid of going to school (I was physically abused and mentally torn apart at school until last year.) Also clowns, rejection, and needles...

Lose your pride, lose your patience, lose your mind. But whatever the case may be, NEVER LOSE HOPE!
SMILE!!! Let everyone know you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday
Sometimes what holds you together & what tears you apart are the SAME things!

Shows so far (Just starting): 5/4/2013

dulcecorazon98
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dulcecorazon98 » 14 Apr 2013 21:34

@ Skinwalker, Im so sorry that happened to you :comfort: , you're not alone when it comes to being afraid of going to school. I have to go back in june, and I am not looking forward to going back. :tongue: In elementary school I was verbally abused by a teacher and was torn apart so bad that I had to switch teachers and then to a new school. I was also bullied throughout middle school and high school and even my freshman year of college I got bullied and humiliated by a teacher in front of the class. I just hope that nothing like that happens when I go back...

I am afraid of insects(especially spiders), power outages, deep water, lightning, getting shots, port o potties, the dark and the dentist. Lol. :laugh:

Return to “Random”