Favorite SP song of all time and why

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
MarkJ1994
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Favorite SP song of all time and why

Unread postby MarkJ1994 » 28 Oct 2013 07:05

What is you favorite SP song and why? I love "There's No Going Back" because it speaks of my whole life.

Markj1994

Shows been to:
October 1, 2013~ Orlando, FL House of Blues
April 26, 2014- Fort Myers, FL.
April 27, 2014- Jacksonville, FL
August 3, 2014- Louisville, Kentucky

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Favorite SP song of all time and why

Unread postby David » 28 Oct 2013 07:24

Anywhere But Here. It tells the best story and when I really needed it that song pulled me out of a funk. It was inspired by the short story "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge". I had a lot of fun connecting the story to the song.

But I love all of the songs, I'm a fanboy. Lol
:argh:

I DO!!!!

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby dlcramer » 28 Oct 2013 07:32

Pretender. I have many reasons but it speaks volumes to my pessimistic view on life.

Ali
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Ali » 28 Oct 2013 08:16

White Balloons. I've never felt more connected to a song before in my life. The first time I listened to it I was hooked. I posted about it under appreciate. But long story short, it got me through one of the toughest and happiest times of my life and now it's mine and my daughters favorite. :smile:

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 28 Oct 2013 09:41

Cancer

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 28 Oct 2013 11:12

It really truly depends on my day. I could never pick just one. I've always loved Cancer. Its my favorite live. Anywhere But Here is great too. I love the lyrics to Connect. White Balloons is tattooed on me... The lyrics to Should've Known Better are a bit too relevant sometimes. I CANT CHOOSE. TOO MUCH PRESSURE.

Nah, its probably Cancer.

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 28 Oct 2013 14:29

I think mine is a tossup between Anywhere But Here and Too Many Words but if I was forced to pick one it would probably be Anywhere But Here.

jarnold427
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jarnold427 » 29 Oct 2013 13:59

This is such a hard question but I love it!! Let's see... it would have to be a tie between 'White Balloons' and 'Maybe'.
More specifically, the version of 'Maybe' where there is the cool breathing/blowing wind at the beginning. I know that's oddly specific, but something about that intro just makes me take a deep breath myself and then the music starts and the message hits me just a little harder than the radio edit. It makes the song a lot more powerful for me, and the message in it is really relevant to me right now. This song was one of the first I heard by the Pups (first was 'My World') and it has stuck with me ever since.

As for White Balloons, I'm currently designing a tattoo around it. It's one of those songs that makes your heart try to soar out of your body when you hear it, you know? The Polar Opposite version of it is my all time favorite and I listen to it at least once a day!

Third place tie: What Are You Looking For? and Healing Now :smile:

Courage comes from letting go and loving everything you fear away

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 29 Oct 2013 14:58

Anywhere But Here.. Has always been my fav since the first time I heard it. Although Better Waste of Time is competing with it at the moment.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 29 Oct 2013 18:06

I'm going to have to go with Cancer. White Balloons being a close second.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 29 Oct 2013 18:26

Green-Stringed Bass
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Green-Stringed Bass » 01 Nov 2013 09:46

Deliverance. It was the first song I feel in love with of the puppies. Forever and always deliverance :love:

You make me wanna jump off a ledge
Find a new life
Come back from the dead

*Always curious*

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 01 Nov 2013 10:15

I DO!!!!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 01 Nov 2013 12:03

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 01 Nov 2013 16:29

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 01 Nov 2013 16:54

Jami, have you ever read the short story that inspired? Makes me love it more.

I DO!!!!

justsickpups
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby justsickpups » 04 Nov 2013 21:54

That is a really tough one! Even though I love all of them I would definitely have to say All the Same because that song was what made me fall in love with this band. Every time I listen to it I always feel a sense of relief rush over me whether I'm having a good or bad day! :music:

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 04 Nov 2013 22:42

I haven't posted here because I just couldn't choose....actually I still can't! My World is the song that I first heard and made me a fan, so that's definitely a fav. You're Going Down is a fav....Die To Save You.....Should've Known Better.....There's No Going Back...so many!

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Salvera
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Salvera » 05 Nov 2013 03:05

Now I know which song is my favorite. Don't Walk Away is truely my fav. I chose this song for a simple reason. It reminds me of my boyfriend and me. So often we were about to give up everything we have built. But every time we had a fight, I had to think about this song and how often you run away from problems instead of talking about it and eliminate them. We both are not people who just give up because it's easier. Rather we seek the confrontation and resolve the problems. To talk about everything is not easy. But to me this man is incredibly important. Therefore, it is worth any exertion. And I know that he feels the same way.

sheffie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sheffie » 09 Nov 2013 08:00

Each song speaks to a different feeling or moment. Decisions! Decisions! White Balloons? Maybe? We're Going Down? Connect? I think I'll go with Riptide for one simple reason . . .

I, I won't justify
The way I live my life
'Cause I'm the one livin' it
Feelin' it, tastin' it
And you're just wasting your time
Trying to throw me a line
When you're the one drowning
I like where I'm at on my back
Floating down in my own riptide
The water is fine

. . . just my fuel for my fire.

Return to “Sick Puppies”