Post Your Random Thoughts

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Cora

Re: Post Your Random Thoughts

Unread postby Cora » 14 Apr 2015 19:17

LUCY YOU SARA! :P hehehe

Oof. Yep. Kale. Yuck. No thanks. And I can't do yogurt for some reasons but LOVE almonds. But often am in trouble for eating too many. :P

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 15 Apr 2015 18:21

The only time I ate kale and liked it was when it was in a soup.
But pretty much any vegetable is forgiven in soup form.
Except cabbage. Cabbage is a trap T.T

Hedgehogs for days

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 15 Apr 2015 21:33

Cabbage is only good when it's been turned into sauerkraut imo, hehe.

I liked kale chips when I made them, but kale plain is so... not palatable to me. Can you even eat it raw? It's so... chewy. I didn't mind it cooked though so long as there were other things on it to give it flavor.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 16 Apr 2015 09:05

I'm pretty sure people eat it raw. There's a whole food movement dedicated to people eating stuff raw.
Though I get what you mean. I don't eat a whole lot of salad-y leafy things so chewing on leaves feels weird to me, though if we have lettuce in the house I'll munch down a few leaves plain for my health. If something doesn't really taste like anything I don't mind eating it.
Like chia seeds. They're apparently good for digestion but unless you eat a whole handful of them straight they don't taste like anything so they're good to just toss in your food. I've put them in tacos before and it tasted the same.

Hedgehogs for days

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 16 Apr 2015 11:09

Oh I love salad... but romaine is really the only lettuce I'll eat. I really don't like the "field greens" (aka rabbit food, haha) at all. Still strikes me as weird to eat kale raw... probably because while I was still in school I spent a lot of years working in the restaurant industry, mostly as a prep cook. It's kinda hard-wired into my brain that kale is that "pretty lettuce" used to garnish plates and make displays and platters look nice, and nothing else, haha.

I've heard that about chia seeds too! One of the yogurts I buy from time to time has a chia seed granola packaged with it... pretty tasty! I've done that with flax seed before, added it to random things. It tastes like nothing and is very healthy. I've added ground flaxseed to banana bread before without affecting the consistency of the loaf, and my favorite peanut butter has ground flaxseed in it too.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 16 Apr 2015 12:40

I put chia seed in my smoothies I make with the nutri bullet. They have no flavor. They do get stuck in my teeth though :tongue:

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 16 Apr 2015 19:16

Hedgehogs for days

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 16 Apr 2015 21:49

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 22 Apr 2015 10:53

You know you are a geek when the local comicon sends a survey. You fill said survey, then email them a list 3 times longer of what they should ask and could do that wasn't addressed by a 4 question survey.

I did get a positive reply.

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 24 Apr 2015 10:38

WOOHOO!! So my stressful current living situation will be coming to an end, thankfully. I signed a lease on a gorgeous new place this morning and I move this summer. Will be SO nice to have a real kitchen again (right now I pretty much have a broom closet with an oven in it, it flipping sucks for someone who likes baking as much as I do.) AND I GET TO BRING MY PONY!!! Still have to iron out those details with the stable, but I'm psyched it's even an option. The place is gorgeous and right next to my new house, so super convenient.

Seriously so excited right now, it's not even funny, haha. Just been dealing with so much crap from my current landlords lately... excited to escape from it all.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 24 Apr 2015 18:34

Sometimes I wish I could just headbutt a piece of paper and have stuff appear on it. I need to stop coming up with characters.
Or I need to actually start writing stuff instead of just filling stacks of computer paper with faces :crazy:
Maybe I should just marathon Writing Excuses podcasts until I actually write something.
Argh all of my writer friends are off at college in Places That Are Not Here :crazy:

Hedgehogs for days

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 25 Apr 2015 17:08

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 26 Apr 2015 16:46

Had a weird dream the other night that the new SP album came out and it sounded Tool-inspired.
Dunno how that happens :noclue:

Hedgehogs for days

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 26 May 2015 08:08

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 26 May 2015 18:06

Finally got my new computer and desk all set up
LET THE VIDEO GAMES BEGIN

Hedgehogs for days

dulcecorazon98
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dulcecorazon98 » 25 Sep 2015 00:40

I haven't been on this forum in ages, but I think it's time I start being more active on it! This years been stressful for me. College, is the only thing keeping me busy. A very close friend of mine is moving away. We used to talk a lot and it was really awesome to have someone that would listen, and be there for me (for me Its not easy making friends) it made me feel really special because I did the same thing for him too, I gave every bit of my friendship to him. I was always there for him every bit of the way. Even to attempt to give him a gift and wish him happy birthday when no one else would (that didn't work out all that great he ignored it). But after breaking the news one day that he would be moving out of state he decides to no longer talk to me. It really hurts, :cry: especially being the best of a friend that I could be for him and having it all thrown back at me like it was garbage. I feel like I'm at fault because I just didn't give it my all or I was the one that left it on bad terms. :wall: Sometimes I wonder if it was even worth it, he really seemed to need a friend more than I did. It's very hard having to go through a day and year without him. :cry:

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jackvegas » 25 Sep 2015 08:23

Random days off are awesome and this one was much needed *chill*

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 26 Sep 2015 08:30

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 26 Sep 2015 10:08

Sooooo dreading work today. I've worked there for a month and a half-ish, and I'm now training the 'new' guy that's already been there before and I guess is as dumb as a box of rocks. YAY! :P

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jackvegas » 28 Sep 2015 09:58

So how did the work and training go?

Return to “Random”