HELP ME!

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

HELP ME!

Unread postby sickestpup » 26 Jun 2015 05:13

As most of you know about me, I am VERY EXTREMELY biased and stubborn when it comes to new music. Before Sick Puppies, I hadn't listened to a new band since high school. They have definitely opened me up to a few new bands that they toured with (i.e. Charming Liars, MTP (Now Cilver), Eyes Set to Kill)

I'm itching for more tho. Suggest me some bands that are new or local so I know they don't have a million hits I have to sift through and my tiny little brain explodes. I'm trying to expand my horizons. (Keyword: Trying)

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: HELP ME!

Unread postby dlcramer » 26 Jun 2015 06:58

I like New Medicine, Frequis(local Phoenix band), An Early Fall (another local, not to be confused with An Early Rise) and The Nearly Deads.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 26 Jun 2015 07:36

Some of my favorite bands are local Orlando bands.
A Hero's Fate, A Brilliant Lie, Set It Off

Others im jamming to lately
Pvris, All Time Low, Sleeping With Sirens

#2017ForDavid :sp:

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 26 Jun 2015 10:17

Royal Bliss, October Rage, Pop Evil are the first three that are coming to mind right now. :) :rock:

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 26 Jun 2015 13:27

Ohhh I have lots of lesser known artists on my ipod... Here's a sampling of my favorites... and I'll give you a few song suggestions too for each :)

Another Lost Year - Rock band from Charlotte, NC. Love this group, and they're so much fun live too.
(Songs- Broken, War On The Inside, Forgot About Us, The End of You And I)

Angels Fall - Rock group from LA... I really love this band as far as my "lighter" rock music selection goes. Joel Jorgensen's voice is amazing. Their 2012 debut kinda has a plugged-in acoustic vibe to it, and deep meaningful lyrics.
(Songs - Drunk Enough, Somewhere I Belong, Closure)

Bridge To Grace - This band doesn't have much out for discography, just a 5-song EP, but I believe their debut full length is coming out sometime this summer.
Best song - The Fold.

I-Exist - This is a very interesting group, started out as a four-piece, but has since shrunk to a duo. Kinda progressive/electronic modern rock with a lot of orchestral elements. May sound a little weird, but it works. "Giving My Life" is by far my favorite song of theirs.

Lansdowne - Another band that I love for the singer's voice, haha. Check out Back To Life, Holding On, Conquer Them All.

State of Emergency - brand new band that was actually just made "facebook official" yesterday, though I knew about it for awhile as I've been following the singer after he left another band I used to love. Their debut single comes out next tuesday, for now all that exists is a trailer on their facebook page. But the singer is ex-Prospect Hill, so you can listen to a few PH songs to hear his vocals... I'd recommend Come Alive and Breakdown. This band features two members of Lansdowne who I mentioned above, so I'm super excited about this one, hehe.

- I fangirled all about them over on the "Other Music You Love" forum, so I'm just going to link that. It has video links and everything to check them out.

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby sickestpup » 02 Jul 2015 13:22

You guys are awesome! So far I've only checked out A Heroes Fate and A Brilliant Lie...because Dana is constantly posting about them, lol. Verdict: They rock! Let's see, next can be New Medicine, as per Dave's suggestion. Thanks guys. Keep em comin if you got more.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby David » 03 Jul 2015 15:38

Have you checked out a band called Aranda? I like them, they are out of OK City. They just released their third album, I bought it but haven't listened to it yet. I would recommend a single off their last album. Satisfied.

Fun Fact, the two guys singing are brothers. They usually end their sets with "Why You Wanna Bring Me Down" that includes a cool solo session where they trade one guitar back and forth and at one point one is holding it up and the other is playing it using a boot as a slide.

I DO!!!!

Adams19
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Adams19 » 04 Jul 2015 11:57

The Defiled...

Scott M. Adams
2009 thru 2013 - 30 shows from coast to coast...NEW ERA San Antonio 4/21/16, Houston 4/22/16, Dallas 4/23/2016, El Paso 5/23/16

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 06 Jul 2015 09:04

I'm with Dana here on the suggestion of Pvris. In love.

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 06 Jul 2015 09:24

Like a Storm and Adelitas Way are a couple of my favorites as well, as far as lesser known, absolutely amazing bands goes. :)

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 06 Jul 2015 10:04

Shows

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 06 Jul 2015 10:05

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 06 Jul 2015 10:13

You know who is also AMAZEBALLS is Tantric. They've had a lot of ups and downs, but Hugo's voice is knock it out of the park insane. The first album gives me chills.

Shows

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby sickestpup » 07 Jul 2015 04:38

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 09 Jul 2015 16:34

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 12 Jul 2015 21:33

So one of the best things about getting to review albums that haven't come out yet is finding AMAZING music. I was handed Thundermother this past week and I am so in love. I'd totally check them out: https://youtu.be/MXoOndMA5u8

They are just a kickass all female rock band. One that I can totally see touring with Halestorm or Sick Puppies. You know, the cool bands. ;) I'm in love and can't wait to get paid so I can get my hands on the first record.

Shows

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 14 Jul 2015 04:31

I have some suggestions as well, but I'm afraid they are local to me, not you. Hope you don't mind! You could end up with a whole new Spotify playlist :tongue: All suggestions are Swedish bands, but they sing in English, so you'll have no problems understanding the lyrics.

One of my favourite bands since about twelve years is Takida (new material being created as we speak, so new album will be out soon). Saying that I love them is an understatement!

If you like heavier angrier rap metal, Clawfinger is worth a try. I saw them live just a few days ago and they were pretty awesome.

Pain is also a long time favourite. He is on the angry/heavy side of metal, but more melodic than Clawfinger.

War themed band Sabaton is a more recent favourite of mine. They are brilliant live and tour the whole world, including the US, so keep an eye out if you like them. They sing a lot of their songs in both Swedish and English, so look out for the English versions! They also sing in Latin and sometimes switches languages halfway through a song, but that was an accident :laugh: the singer apologised afterwards, but hoped we would simply see it as confirmation that the show was indeed live. I hadn't even noticed he messed up... :noclue:

Lastly the band The Sounds is pretty cool. Their style is more indie rock and they have made several appearances in the US already, so chances are they're not impossible for you to see perform live

SpiralingSoul
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SpiralingSoul » 29 Mar 2016 15:48

They're kind of old, but... System of a Down is fantastic.

SO PRAY TO YOUR GOD
STICK TO YOUR GUNS
CAUSE YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 29 Mar 2016 22:41

Just a thought - you might want to check out the playlists provided by SXSW. There's some amazing stuff that comes up. I think NPR helps to put them together. Tonight has been very entertaining in this household.

Shows

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 02 Apr 2016 20:08

My new favorite thing to do when trying to listen to something other than Sick Puppies, is to listen to something like Pandora that finds similar bands. Right now I'm on the Sixx:a.m. station and I'm loving it. Or the Pop Evil station. LOVE what pops up. :)

Return to “Random”