Breaking Benjamin

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Julie » 19 Nov 2009 20:30

BB just announced dates with Nickelback and Shinedown, and one is in DC (although Shinedown isn't on the ticket) on April 13th which I'm now looking at possibly going to. I LOVE my area...there are a lot of venues all within 3 hours. :smile:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Christian
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Christian » 19 Nov 2009 21:47

I'm sure this is very off topic but I just thought I would mention how much I love "I Will Not Bow"! I can't get enough of it! :smile: :rock: :music:

Why So Serious!

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 20 Nov 2009 07:42

Couldn't be more on topic, considering the thread name :laugh:
I kinda like it. A little too cookie-cutter "Breathe" Format for me. Reminds me too much of their last major single. Plus there's the fact that it;s the only thing that sounds like it belongs on phobia out of the entire new album. It's like three days grace and Break -- they just wrote it to have a good single. I kinda even see that with Goin' Down... but, there all good songs. Well, two of them are. Break is kinda stupid to me.

I like one song from the new album alot... umm... without you?

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

brittany_71
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby brittany_71 » 20 Nov 2009 10:13

i <3 breaking benjamin, i actually have a breaking benjamin tattoo....if you dont have their new album "Dear Agony" it is great or download "Lights Out" that song is great....but yes phobia is one of their greatest cds...i like every song on the album.

Slivarito
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Slivarito » 20 Nov 2009 10:51

^^Without you was really good, I think my favorite was Hopeless, because that was what I was looking for in the new album. So far, in every cd, they seem to take a genre and add their own twist to it, or at least explore different aspects of a genre. In the new cd... not so much I thought. It kind of felt like a heavier rock version of Phobia. Not to say I didn't like it, I absolutely love the new cd, but I was really looking forward to them taking something old and tweaking it. I thought they did that for Hopeless though, so that's probably my favorite track for that reason. Overall though... the whole thing is solid.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 20 Nov 2009 13:18

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 22 Nov 2009 16:33

Haha, PA was where I first saw them and I wouldn't mind going back. But DC makes me excited. Have to wait and see if Shinedown is there though.

I might try to make a date next leg of the tour.

"You're not a judge
But if you're gonna judge me
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 22 Nov 2009 20:37

Although they're touring on and off with BB and Nickelback, the DC date doesn't list Shinedown on the ticket (per the BB tour page at least).

I want to go to the DC show and have a friend who'd go with me. Tickets go onsale Dec 4, and I'm hoping they annouce a PA or NJ date. I wish I could see them with SP, but they'll be west.

They're from Wilkes-Barre, and I should do some online research, but I was always curious how much say the band has in where they play (I have a feeling it's not much, but was always curious). I've booked before while in college, so I know a little of what goes on behind the scenes (very little) so I doubt its much. Still hoping for a PA show though. :smile: :rock:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Savs
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Savs » 28 Nov 2009 17:31

Another Breaking Benjamin fan here too, just wish they would tour down under.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 01 Dec 2009 21:25

I heard in an interview with Benjamin Burnley by Jaxon at WMMR in Philly in 2007...that he has numerous phobias (es the title of their 2007 album) including flying. Es why they don't tour outside the US and Canada...which sucks I'm sorry. :cry:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 01 Dec 2009 21:30

Very interesting ! And I must admit that I do fly (it's the only way I get to see my BF ) but I am not a fan of it ... at all. I like my feet planted firmly on the ground so I know how he feels!

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 02 Dec 2009 05:00

Yea, he has a phobia of flying. That's why the into and outro of Phobia has aircraft engine background noise.

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 03 Dec 2009 21:09

SP was just added to that April date....offically making this the greatest lineup thus far announced for 2010. :biggrin: Now I MUST go....going to have my finger above my computer's mouse at 9:59am for the ticket sale start at 10am. :rock: :rock: :rock: Sheer happiness. :smile:

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 05 Dec 2009 20:55

2nd favorite band of all time, just saw them for 3rd time 2 days ago and as always they f*ck rocked. Have the BB logo tat'd on my wrist lol

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Hollee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Hollee » 05 Dec 2009 21:12

The first two shows I went to in San Antonio and Houston weren't that great, but they definitely redeemed themselves in Dallas. They did amazing and I was even into it.

Here's a video I took from Houston of So Cold

Laranya
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Laranya » 06 Dec 2009 18:23

I love BB! They have been one of my all time favorite bands for almost 10 years! I don't think I could never get enough of them!
I finally got to meet them for the first time in San Antonio last week! :clapping: It was AMAZING! I couldn't believe how lucky I got. It was a quick push you through a line to get autographs and a quick picture but I got to talk to Ben for a few seconds... I thanked him for their incredible musice and told him that its been helping me through a really tough time in my life right now... I also told him I came from Cali to see the show since they haven't scheduled any in Cali... He told me they were working on getting dates in Cali! Such nice guys... :drool:
The cool part is that I had tickets to another show they were doing as well and had the opportunity for an autograph session. So I went to that (was the 2nd person in line) and Ben looks up at me, gives me a huge smile and says, "Hey, I remember you!" :crazy: SOOOOO COOL!!!!! I was so surprised I just said, "Yeah, sorry! I'm back!!!!" I can't believe he remembered me! Made my year!!!
Anyhoo thats my BB story... I hope to be able to add more stories as I hopefully get to go to more shows....

I did my best to try and be a mirror of soceity but we both know the mirror's cracked and everybody's in the act...

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 06 Dec 2009 18:48

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Laranya
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Laranya » 06 Dec 2009 21:39

I did my best to try and be a mirror of soceity but we both know the mirror's cracked and everybody's in the act...

tangojo

Unread postby tangojo » 15 Dec 2009 00:58

I was lucky enough to see BB perform with NB a few times back in 2007 - Ben sure does know how to growl! Actually a friend of mine commented on how Shim's "growl" reminds her of Ben!

I'm loving the new album.

Savs - you need to go to the US ya know (haha - he's my hubby so I can say stuff like that) :tongue:

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 15 Dec 2009 01:06

Check out my band

Return to “Other Music You Love”