"The band that shall not be named"

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
Phantom-mario
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: "The band that shall not be named"

Unread postby Phantom-mario » 13 Oct 2008 09:41

great band!

Ph@nt0m-M@rio

Matthew
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Matthew » 22 Oct 2008 12:47

"The band that shall not be named" is currently my favorite band :rock:

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 22 Oct 2008 14:09

I saw "The band that shall not be named" twice before this summer. Once when they were on Ozzfest back in 2002 and I just heard them and didn't realize it. The other time was last summer in Camden and I didn't think they were that great because the sound in the place sucked. Needless to say when i found out SP was playing with them I was less than enthused. Seeing them in Poughkeepsie I could care less, but was dancing around by the end. Weedsport was a horrible experience in itself haha, but I did get to meet the band when they were done with their set. Atlantic City I again didn't care if I saw them or not. Buffalo I was actually rocking out and had a fabu time.

Umm.. after seeing them 4 times in a week I was completely hooked and liked them much more than I thought I did. I generally hung towards the back by the time "The band that shall not be named" went on so I was never in the front. So last month I went to see "The band that shall not be named" in Johnson City, NY, about 10 min outside Binghamton. I was FINALLY in the front and the place was super small. It was FANTASTIC!! I honestly had such an amazing time, got some amazing pics, was given Dale's guitar pic by their manager (who's name escapes me at the moment), and then was able to hang out and talk to Dale and Shaun at the end of the night. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Now every time they are close to me I harrass Matt to go. :laugh: I'm actually still trying to talk him into going when they are in Reading, Asbury Park, or NYC next month.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 20 Nov 2008 12:02

New video for their latest single "Breakdown"

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby nicolenice » 20 Nov 2008 12:18

I saw this video the first day it came out and I love "The band that shall not be named" and Shauns hair looks awesome here but I just not into this video, I was anticipating this video for weeks and weeks and its just not my cup of tea. But it is still a brilliant song :smile:

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 20 Nov 2008 12:45

I know what you mean... I was expecting more. I like the idea.. but something was missing

Honestly.... I wanted to see more Troy :tongue:

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 20 Nov 2008 12:58

^^^^^^ More of everyone would have been nice and they built up the suspense to this video like crazy style and its a rubik's cube i get its of their head but there was that flare missing :noclue:

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 20 Nov 2008 14:23

I thought the video was ok. I like the concept of it. But all the spinning kind of made me nauseous :laugh:

Oh, and in case anyone hasn't heard "The band that shall not be named" will be on tour with Nickelback and Saving Abel in Feb. I don't like either band really but I guess I will still go if they come around me lol.

\m/Mandy\m/

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 20 Nov 2008 15:09

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 20 Nov 2008 15:26

if they come to CA, any CA people willing to get together and enjoy?!?! :biggrin: :tongue: :cool:

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 20 Nov 2008 15:51

\m/Mandy\m/

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 21 Nov 2008 03:53

:surprised: strange combination....but if they come to Montreal, I shall be there :rock:

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 21 Nov 2008 05:42

I is a stange combo it is a great combo. I miss "The band that shall not be named" and I have only seen Nickelback once but I just went to the wrong people so it was the worst show ever. But Me if me and Nikki can make this one it will be awesome. :rock:

solacematt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby solacematt » 22 Nov 2008 22:49

I don't know, I thought this was their best video since "Fine Again." I guess you have to really look at the video for "Breakdown," and kind of pick at it to figure it out.
Them going out on tour with Nickelback though seems uhm, f*ck up. I like Nickelback but, one, Nickelback is an insanely good band live that makes everyone look amature (SP could open though and possibly do ok). Also, Shaun has voiced A LOT how much he hates Nickelback and thinks they suck. Serge can vouche for that one too. So, I don't see why they would do the tour other than the fact that it's playing in arenas to a lot of people.

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 10 Dec 2008 21:32

I need a new Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces album. Mines scratched like there is no tomorrow. :oops: Shaun is such a great singer. ^^ Its weird how Nickelback and "The band that shall not be named" are going on tour together but oh well. =/

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 10 Dec 2008 22:34

Yeah, and I think it's bogus how the tickets are $72 a piece! :surprised: lame.

\m/Mandy\m/

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 10 Dec 2008 23:24

WHAT?!! :shocked:

ampskeeter22
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ampskeeter22 » 11 Dec 2008 10:22

^Yeah $75 plus the $10 service charge they tack on. I really planned on seeing them on this tour but is gonna be an easy $100 i don't have, but if i don't buy a ticket i think i'm gonna get the SP hoodie.

On a quest for SP world domination :crazy:

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 11 Dec 2008 19:41

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I was really hoping to see them too. But there is just no way I can afford that :cry:

\m/Mandy\m/

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 14 Dec 2008 01:13

I hate being broke. :angry:

Return to “Other Music You Love”