Lily Allen

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lily Allen

Unread postby Serge » 23 Jun 2009 00:52

I think most people, especially friends on MySpace know how much I love her since it seems I've become synonymous with her name lol. I was wondering if any other Crew members are fans besides Donnster, Nikki, Matt (solacematt), and I? If you haven't heard much from her, you should!, her newest album "It's Not Me, It's You" is still my favorite of 2009 :biggrin:

Newest vid:

and I just HAVE to share this one: (both are such important songs that touch on the awful state of certain things.)

Last edited by Serge on 23 Jun 2009 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Lily Allen

Unread postby Katy » 23 Jun 2009 04:57

I like her voice and her message but the music is a bit too "pop-ish" for my liking. :)

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 23 Jun 2009 16:58

I'm all for poppy as long as the voice and lyrics good/real, and if it they actually write their own music =]

I'm even blasting some Lady Gaga as I type this

J/k!

......or am I? :wink:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 23 Jun 2009 17:34

^^^ :laugh: I'd pick Lily Allen over Lady Gaga anyday!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 23 Jun 2009 17:40

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 24 Jun 2009 05:02

In general I'm not a fan of "pop-ish" songs, but I like Lily Allen ! Her lyrics are great. :)

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 24 Jun 2009 21:02

I don't really like pop music all that much but I think she is a great vocalist.

eowyngirl1992
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby eowyngirl1992 » 25 Jun 2009 14:10

OMFG i love lady gaga, and Lily Allen and f*ck You was like my fave song of hers EVER lol (wow i sound like a super preppy chick :oops: ) but now with the whole pop music im loving space cowboy , robyn and kat deluna :D

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 27 Jun 2009 14:59

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 27 Jun 2009 16:01

alice991
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby alice991 » 15 Jul 2009 17:53

I can't get enough of "Friend of Mine", "Not Fair" (which is hilarious and sad at the same time, lol), and "Never Gonna Happen". She is definately entertaining.

Is there anyone going to listen to my story? All about the girl who came to stay?

Thanks to Meredith (DNRpuppy) for my set.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 15 Jul 2009 18:20

Yay, finally another fan :smile:

kait09
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kait09 » 17 Jul 2009 15:37

I LOVE her. She's so adorable. I keep missing her everytime she's in LA, so I feel like I'll never see her live :(

My favorite is Chinese, I think. And LDN.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 17 Jul 2009 16:30

kait09
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kait09 » 17 Jul 2009 17:48

I didn't even know about that show until literally the day of. I was so bummed out it was sold out, and I had tickets to see her on Kimmel but something else came up so I had to cancel. I hope she comes back!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 17 Jul 2009 18:10

Aw bummer! I mostly didn't go because I didn't have anyone to go with/a ride. There were a BUNCH of tickets that came up on craigslist for even cheaper than the list price, I guess the scalpers failed and became desperate as the concert got closer and no one was paying for their absurd higher price. (I hope the same happens for ND/Paramore/The Sounds when it hits my area!)

....ah! I wanted to go to the Kimmel taping too! the performance was ace and she looked great! :smile: Did you see her performance on Letterman earlier this year? She looked super cute<3

kait09
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kait09 » 17 Jul 2009 23:24

YES! She's always so adorable. I should have checked Craigslist, I usually do for most shows when I get crummy seats! Ah well...which ND shows are you going to? I'm going to the one August 1st and if we enjoy it, probably try and get some for the 2nd too. I'm way more excited for The Sounds than anything.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 17 Jul 2009 23:34

kait09
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kait09 » 18 Jul 2009 00:31

I LOVE reading her twitter! Especially her attacks against Perez Hilton :laugh:

hmm my favorite song of theirs is probably Reggie, but I LOVE the new album. Midnight Sun and Crossing the Rubicon are the standouts to me, but I love 4 Songs and a Fight and Be My Lover. We only got lawn for 8/1 because I had to buy 4 and I'm broke, boo lol. Still upset that I bought tickets to Irvine then they announced shows closer, but oh well.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 18 Jul 2009 03:10

I can't stand Perez! he doesn't know good music =x

But her insults at him on twitter are so amusing lol.

I still haven't checked out the new album (too many great new ones this year! haha) but I will after I lay off the Tri-Polar addiction =P

....well, at least you get to go for sure! haha. At this point I'd taking any kind of tickets just to be there. I blame scalpers for this one though! there's waaaay too many good tickets being sold on eBay for absurd prices.

Return to “Other Music You Love”